Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #7

I love simple joys... and today, one of them is having a chance to join in on the lovely Farmhouse Chats on Patrice's porch! Even if I am a day late, I still love joining in.
You can pull up a nice old rockin' chair or take a seat on the porch swing and join in by clicking here to visit Ms. Patrice at Everyday Ruralty.  You can read all of the chats of the ladies joining in, as well as her own chat!


Here are the questions for this week...

{photo}
{photo}
1.  Would you rather sit in front of a fireplace with a roaring fire, soak in a lovely bath, or spend free time on your computer?
There is not much else cozier than a fireplace to me... being in front of a crackling fire on a freezing cold, rainy day is such a sweet feeling.  I think because I look at everything as nostalgic, a lovely, cozy, warm fireplace also reminds me of reading "Little House on the Prairie" when they have their little cabin in the Big Woods and a warm fire they gather around inside.  A fireplace also makes me think of how it feels to fall asleep in front of one, snuggled under blankets on a winter day.  Not to mention the memories that are made when families gather around a the hearth together.


2.  Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
Milk chocolate.  I know dark chocolate is healthier for you- at least that's what I've heard- but Milk chocolate is just rich and wonderful to me.  I have a weakness for Kit Kat and Reese's and anything with chocolate in it.  But to tell you the truth, a lot of people say that they are addicted to chocolate or couldn't live without it.  But I think that more than that, something I would miss way more if it were ever gone would be cheese, haha!  On Trisha Yearwood's cooking show, she once said that, and I couldn't agree more.  Maybe it's a Southern thing ;)


3.  Have you ever tried a recipe from a blog or Pinterest?

The Enchanting Rose
I have tried recipes from blogs, and have several recipes from both blogs and from Pinterest that are sort of lined up and that I am hoping to try soon!  I think when you love to bake, you just have so many amazing looking recipes you can't wait to try that they just keep piling up as you find them.  That's a good problem, though.  The recipes blogging ladies I read share all look delicious.  One in particular I have tried most recently from a blog was from my dear friend, Stephanie, posted on her blog The Enchanted Rose.  It was for Strawberry-Peach Cobbler.  It was absolutely wonderful!
If you would like to try the recipe, you can click the link above, and I know you will not be disappointed!


4.  Do you have a guest room?  If not, do you have a spare room that you use for something other than a bedroom (sewing room, office, craft area, etc)?
We do have a small guest room.  It is also used as a sewing room at the same time.  And sometimes just a room to go snuggle up and watch movies in because I think it's one of the coziest rooms in our house. 

5.  Is your hair curly, straight, or something in between?
I guess I would call it wavy.  Sometimes I wish it were either really curly or really straight, but it's kind of stuck in between.


.          .         .


I enjoyed another visit to the Farmhouse Porch!



I hope you are having a blessed week.

Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jazzmin,
    You have beautiful pictures of sitting by the fire. The Strawberry/Peach cobbler looks SO yummy! I'm wondering if I could use frozen peaches instead of fresh for the recipe? Strawberries are still reasonably priced in the markets here.

    I love your description of your guest room...espeically that you like to go in there to watch movies. Sounds like a very cozy place to be.

    The weekend is almost here! I trust you will have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jazzmin,

    What a fun post! I loved the imagery of visiting with you on the front porch. That is one of our favorite things to do in the summer- gather onto the front porch and visit. : )

    I love finding new recipes on Pintrest and blogs. Many of my new favorite recipes have been found that way.

    May you have a blessed day!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and good answers to the questions, Jazzmin. My answers:
    1. Sitting by a wood-burning fire in our fireplace--hands down!
    2. Dark Chocolate
    3. Not recently --although I have gotten some blog recipes in past; nothing from Pinterest (I stay FAR away from that.)
    4. No Guest Room in this house; We turned the 2nd bedroom into our office/computer room.
    5. STRAIGHT hair for sure!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my lovely friend! I enjoyed imaging I was sitting on the porch with you while you shared about these beautiful things about yourself :) I agree with you about sitting in front of a fire - there is something so wonderful about the crackles and pops of the wood burning.

    I would have a hard time choosing between chocolate milk and dark chocolate since I like both. I don't drink regular milk, but I love chocolate milk. And you sound like my husband about the cheese - I don't know if he could live without his cheese! haha :)

    Thanks, sweet Jazzmin, for sharing about the cobbler...I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    And as for the hair, mine is so straight! You know, before I had my son my hair was slightly wavy and lighter. Then I had my son and my hair completely changed - it was quite odd. I have heard that a woman will change after she has a baby and it's the truth :) My hair became very straight and dark. I had family member asking me if I had colored my hair because it went from light brown/blonde to dark brown/almost black.

    Anyway...this is a very long comment so I will say adios for now. Have a wonderful weekend! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...