You can pull up a nice old rockin' chair or take a seat on the porch swing and join in by clicking here to visit Ms. Patrice at Everyday Ruralty. You can read all of the chats of the ladies joining in, as well as her own chat!
Here are the questions for this week...
1. Would you rather sit in front of a fireplace with a roaring fire, soak in a lovely bath, or spend free time on your computer?There is not much else cozier than a fireplace to me... being in front of a crackling fire on a freezing cold, rainy day is such a sweet feeling. I think because I look at everything as nostalgic, a lovely, cozy, warm fireplace also reminds me of reading "Little House on the Prairie" when they have their little cabin in the Big Woods and a warm fire they gather around inside. A fireplace also makes me think of how it feels to fall asleep in front of one, snuggled under blankets on a winter day. Not to mention the memories that are made when families gather around a the hearth together.
2. Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
Milk chocolate. I know dark chocolate is healthier for you- at least that's what I've heard- but Milk chocolate is just rich and wonderful to me. I have a weakness for Kit Kat and Reese's and anything with chocolate in it. But to tell you the truth, a lot of people say that they are addicted to chocolate or couldn't live without it. But I think that more than that, something I would miss way more if it were ever gone would be cheese, haha! On Trisha Yearwood's cooking show, she once said that, and I couldn't agree more. Maybe it's a Southern thing ;)
3. Have you ever tried a recipe from a blog or Pinterest?
|The Enchanting Rose|
I have tried recipes from blogs, and have several recipes from both blogs and from Pinterest that are sort of lined up and that I am hoping to try soon! I think when you love to bake, you just have so many amazing looking recipes you can't wait to try that they just keep piling up as you find them. That's a good problem, though. The recipes blogging ladies I read share all look delicious. One in particular I have tried most recently from a blog was from my dear friend, Stephanie, posted on her blog The Enchanted Rose. It was for Strawberry-Peach Cobbler. It was absolutely wonderful!
If you would like to try the recipe, you can click the link above, and I know you will not be disappointed!
4. Do you have a guest room? If not, do you have a spare room that you use for something other than a bedroom (sewing room, office, craft area, etc)?
We do have a small guest room. It is also used as a sewing room at the same time. And sometimes just a room to go snuggle up and watch movies in because I think it's one of the coziest rooms in our house.
5. Is your hair curly, straight, or something in between?
I guess I would call it wavy. Sometimes I wish it were either really curly or really straight, but it's kind of stuck in between.
. . .
I enjoyed another visit to the Farmhouse Porch!
I hope you are having a blessed week.