Friday, November 8, 2013

Faithful Friday: Kindness

{photo}
Don't you love getting a feeling that makes your heart so happy as a result of someone's kindness to you?  I think it is one of the sweetest feelings of life... to be kind to others and to have someone be kind to you. 
 
I don't think there is one person alive who can truthfully say that they have not been blessed by kindness.  Everyone is blessed by kindness because it makes the world go 'round... more than that, it makes a difference in someone's day, or even their life.  I think about that sometimes and it has a profound effect on my heart, compelling me to not just be kind when I think to be, but to always think of every possible situation I could possibly show kindness in.  I also think often of how random strangers have smiled at me or said something kind to me on a rough day, and they will never know what a difference that made to me.  How much it meant.
 
Kindness is so important in our lives in terms of brightening the lives of those around us as much as we can, because you never know what battles another person may be going through.  Your smile or kind comment to them may be the only thing that gets them through their day.
 
But kindness is also important to our faith...
We cannot be truly godly people if we are unkind to others.  As God's children, we are all meant to lend a helping hand to each other and show kindness and a loving heart to one another! 
I know it's from the eighties, but you have probably heard the song "We Are the World" (the original) at some point... if not, you can click the link to listen, because it's a beautiful song with beautiful lyrics.  And what's more beautiful- the message of it.
Nothing we gain ourselves can be so wonderful and meaningful as showing love through kindness to each person we meet, or even those we don't meet, maybe even someone we connect with from across the world.
It is easy to think that it won't matter if we aren't always kind, because you will never again see most of the people you meet within a day, but how lovely it would be to make a goal to show so much kindness to those we come across that we add even the smallest bit of joy to their day.  And think of what a testament it is to our faith when someone notices our kind spirit and attitude.
 
Meaningful to me, also, is the message in this Proverb of the example of kindness we should follow...
"She opens her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness." -31:26
Reading this compels me to remember to go out of my way to be kind... to be like the woman mentioned here.
 
 
Mark Twain's quote above is so beautiful.
It reminds me of when I meet someone for the first time, or maybe I just hear someone's voice before I even see them.  It is so interesting, and beautiful, how you can hear kindness in a voice.  Or you can see kindness in their eyes.  Maybe that should be the goal of all of us... to be kind with more than just a smile or word, but instead in a way that even someone who cannot even see you can feel the warmth of your heart!
 
Make kindness not just an act you do; make it a way of life.... or, as it was for the Dalai Lama, make it your religion.
 
I am writing about kindness because the kindness of others towards me made a difference in my week... it was a great reminder to me to remember that difference and be thankful for each blessing of kindness shown toward me and to reciprocate it always.
 
 
As lovers of God with hearts geared toward faith, kindness is the only way to live, and absolutely the best way.
 
 
 
 
I hope you have a blessed day!
And a beautiful weekend.
 
 
Blessings!!
 
 
 
.          .          .
 
 
Joy hosts Faithful Fridays on her blog, Doodlebug.  You can read her lovely posts and visit her blog, here!
                                                            
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Very beautifully expressed, Jazzmin. Who could add anything to it? Hugs to you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thought, "how lovely it would be to make a goal to show so much kindness to those we come across that we add even the smallest bit of joy to their day."

    I so agree! Being kind is the heart of who a Christian should be. I also like the phrase in Proverbs, "in her tongue is the law of kindness." I take that to mean that kindness rules everything she says. I want to be the Proverbs 31 woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a wonderful quote from Mark Twain. When I read it my first thought was 'beautiful.' Such true words and words we can live by. Your post reminds me of what my husband and I were talking about earlier today...how we represent Christ. We were talking about how our actions, whether kind or mean, represent our Lord because we are followers of Him. We of course want to be kind and live out our faith in Jesus Christ so that we are a beautiful light to everyone!

    Thank you, precious friend, for this delightful post - you are a blessing :)

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...