Saturday, November 16, 2013

Faithful Friday!

{photo}
I believe that when it comes to dreams and what we want to do with our lives, the idea
of surrendering those dreams to anyone is an awful thought.  Sometimes people
have regrets because they feel like they have let go of their dreams in order to do something
else they didn't necessarily want to do with our life.
 
This quote by Joseph Campbell reminded me of how amazing it is that
God is the one person who we can fully give every bit of our lives to... we can let
go of our own dreams, in a sense, because we can have faith that whatever
we have to give up will surely be replaced with something SO much better that he
has planned for us!
 
This is something that is a huge part of my faith and something I don't forget,
but a reminder of it gives me such a feeling of comfort and warmth inside,
to know in my heart that God always has something waiting for us that
is better than anything we could achieve in our lives without him working.
He even says "For I know the plans I have for you" (Jeremiah 29:11), and how amazing to
know our Creator's promise that he has known the plan for each of our lives before
we were even born and will carry it out!
 
Remember that when things feel like they are falling apart or our
circumstances force us to change our plans or let go of a dream we have for
awhile, the Lord is always at work in your life.
 
 
 
 
I hope you have a blessed and wonderful weekend!!
 
 
 
.          .          .
 
 
 
Faithful Fridays are hosted by sweet Joy at her lovely blog, Doodlebug!
Click the link to visit her blog and read her Faithful Fridays post this week, as well
as even link up yourself :)



5 comments:

  1. A well written piece, Jazzmin, about our dreams. I think we all have dreams, regardless of how old or how young we are. But experience has taught me through the years that there is never anything I could dream of that would be better for me than what God's purpose for me is. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Jazzmin. I have always loved Jeremiah 29:11 and found great comfort in it when life doesn't go like I thought it would. His ideas are always better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great quote! Your 'Faithful Friday's' are always such a tremendous blessing to me, sweet Jazzmin. Thank you for allowing the Lord to use you to touch many lives and hearts because you always touch mine!

    Have a blessed Sunday, Friend! Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jer 29:11 and I really like the quote you used. I learned a long time ago that what I plan is not always what God wants for me. There are some things that have happened in my life that I would have never dreamed! Sometimes it's hard for me to let go and let God, but in the end I'm always blessed beyond measure when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good post, Jazzmin! It is sure is a comfort to know that He has plans for us! I love that He is in control! If I were, I would likely make a mess of things! :)

    It was so good to read your comment over at my blog yesterday! Thank you, my sweet little friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...