Friday, November 22, 2013

Faithful Friday!

{photo}
Throughout all my childhood, something I was told that always made me feel close to God was that he was not just my Savior... but that he was my friend!
My parents would remind me of that when we would pray and just at random times since before I can remember.  There is no better friend in the world than God.  There is no better person that you can tell your struggles or heartaches to or to share things about your day with.
 
It is something I have been thinking about more again, as well as appreciating those reminders growing up.  When you see God as your best friend, your life will change... and your faith will change.  It will reach the deepest level of love.
 
 
I am so thankful for God, and the incredible gift that He gives us, that even we can have a deep friendship with Him.
 
 
 
.         .         .
 
 
Faithful Fridays are hosted on Joy's lovely blog, Doodlebug.  At the link, you can read her faith-inspiring posts and all of her beautiful blog and link up to Faithful Fridays!
 
.           .          .
 
 
I know it doesn't have anything to do with Faithful Friday, but I wanted to mention one thing about the last post I wrote about the wonderful chocolate cake recipe I tried.

I realized today that I forgot to include the baking time and temperature to bake the cake!  Haha, I guess that's kind of an important thing to mention.  I apologize for forgetting to write that.

It is included now, though, and can be found here!




I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!  And if your weather is anything as cold and wet as it is here this weekend (I love it!), then stay warm!
 
Blessings to you!
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Your Chocolate Cake sounds wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.

    YES---God should be at the 'center' of our lives and hearts and souls. With God in our lives, everything else falls right into place.. Thanks be to GOD.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazzmin, I'm sorry to be a bit later at getting around here this week! I love that your parents have always reminded you that God is your friend...your best friend. How that has to have had impacted you through your growing up years and now into your young adulthood. It makes me smile.

    I knew that you would come to the rescue with the temperature and baking time on the cake. ;)

    I've been praying for you...hope that you have a lovely Thanksgiving break from school...and a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.

    Hugs and blessings to you, Sweet Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet Jazzmin! This is such a beautiful and wonderful post, dear friend! And it's is so true - our best friend should be the Lord! It is a blessing a comfort to be able to lean upon Him and tell Him the things of my heart - how thankful I am for such a precious friend and loving Father.

    It is so good to visit you! I have been so busy with moving into a new home that I have not been able to blog like I usually do. Hopefully by the second or third week in December things will have settled down.

    I hope you are well, friend, and enjoying your weekend. Much love to you! By the way, that cake looks AMAZING!! Can I come over for a slice? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture with the saying. So true! = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that He really is our friend. It can be hard to grasp this because we don't "hang out" with Jesus as we do our earthly friends. I feel like one of the ways He shows us is through giving us wonderful earthly friends to encourage us in our faith.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Jazzmin!
    Blessings,
    Ty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...