Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Give Thanks

{photo}
 A heart of thankfulness is the sweetest kind of heart.  I realize this more fully every year as I reflect on all I truly have to thank God for in my life.
 
This year specifically, I am most thankful for...
 
My family and friends.
I have made new friends this year and have had the blessing of strengthening my bonds with my family!  Each moment, each letter, each word exchanged between a friend or a family member means the world to me.  It makes me thankful to be alive to have been blessed with the people that have been put into my life.  I have had the joy of becoming friends with many of you!  You don't know just how much your sweet comments and emails make me smile.  I am so amazed at how such sweet friends have come into my life through blogging!  I would have never imagined I could "meet" girls and ladies who bless my heart and encourage me so much.
 
Simple, sweet parts of life.
I have, fittingly, been reminded recently of how thankful I should be for the seemingly simple, small joys in life... how much I take delight in them.  Talking to my Grandma, laughing with my family, working on projects I love, the way my bible feels, the joy of baking, walking in the rain, the ability to see, and the nostalgic things of life- even the sheer joyful, cozy feeling I get just walking through the craft store.  And the larger things that are easy to take fore granted... shelter, food, and a warm home on these cold days.

God.
I think being humbled by God's love is something that never ends.  Without Him, I would have absolutely nothing at all to be thankful for.  So I am so thankful for the Lord in my life!   I am thankful for every lesson He teaches me, that He listens to my prayers, for every beautiful thing He created that He lovingly lets us enjoy, and every gift He gives that He never had to. 


I am reminded every day of how important it is to have a thankful heart!!  This, in itself, is humbling.  A thankful heart brings the truest sense of joy.



"The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let
 the thankful heart sweep through the day and,
as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every
hour, some heavenly blessings!"
-Henry Ward Beecher
 
{photo}
 
"A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the
parent of all other virtues."
-Cicero




Wishing you the most blessed day of thankfulness, joy, and quality time with those you love!!


6 comments:

  1. Dear Jazzmin, you express yourself so beautifully. Your thankful heart overflows with gratitude for the blessings God has sent your way. I count it a joy to have met you these last few months and how He has bonded our hearts and spirits as a result of it. May you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Jazzmin! I am thankful for the blessing you have been to me. Your posts are always so sincere and encouraging! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    We are in FL with George's son and family enjoying Thanksgiving. They are cooking a FEAST for us… YUM.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and your loved ones had a most blessed Thanksgiving, dear Jazzmin! I count you and your friendship among my sweet blessings - you are an incredible lady with a heart of gold that loves our precious Lord!

    Thank you for being YOU and enriching many lives with your genuine, sweet spirit. You are a gift from the Lord.

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post, Jazzmin. I hope and pray that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We all do have so much to be thankful for, don't we? Thanks be to God… We got to visit two different family groups… SO special.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweet post. I hope we are all thankful each and everyday. = )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...