Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Touches of Autumn

 I hope you are having a joyful Tuesday evening!!
This week is going by fast already.  There has been a crisper feel to the air the
past couple of days, so maybe that has added some joy and is making the days go quickly.
It has also started getting dark so early!  I always think that is a wierd feeling for it
to suddenly get dark well before six o'clock.
But I love it, because it means that Winter is on it's way :)

This weekend was a  relaxing one that I enjoyed very much.
I had some time to finish one of the last Autumn crafts I wanted to do,
and thought I would share it, as well as some of the Fall decor we put up
in our home for the season.

The crafts I finished up this weekend was this sign.
I had so much fun sitting down and painting it...
and adding fun touches was relaxing and an enjoyable way to spend
a few hours on a lovely weekend.

I always love projects that bring you joy as you do them.
I had that child-like feeling of joy as I sat down at the kitchen table and
set out my paints- shades of cranberry, plum,
pumpkin (that was actually the name
 of it- how fitting for Fall!), and red.
And of course I couldn't resist adding a few touches of glitter, and
 a lovely orange ribbon to hang it outside near our front door.

                                                                                      
                                                                






That was the craft I worked on this weekend,
but for awhile we have been adding touches, or "elements" of Fall
throughout the house.
Here are a few of them...
 A simple bow, dipped in glitter, added to our wreath.
(Do you see the spider who decided he would make a cameo in my photo? hehe)


Another simple and fun project to do was this natural wreath that we hung
at the eaves of the ceiling above the fireplace.
I got a set of faux leaves in pretty, bright colors and
glued them individually in sort of a ring around the wreath.
I got to use the ever-popular burnt orange glitter to put on the ends of
the twigs on the wreath, as well as some of this beautiful copper colored
dusting powder that I brushed on...


It's amazing how just a little bit of the glitter and powder pick up
the light.  You can see it from far away when it catches the light.

We were also amazed at how much taller the wall looked with the wreath put up
so high.  It is neat to see how putting up different things in your house
can make something look differently in a way you never thought of before.



For the mantel and hearth, I had so much fun pulling out a lot of the
decorations from last year and putting them up again.
Seeing it again for the first time gave me such a sweet, cozy feeling, making the
 realization of Fall being here a little bit more real.


Something new this year is this bouquet.  We found faux Mums and different flowers
with such pretty Autumn shades of deep purple and red.
Then I just used some ribbon to dress it up a little.

It is something so small, but these are one of my favorite things on the fireplace.
Picking these up from under our tree out front and painting them
was my Momma's idea.  I love how they turned out, and I love
decorating with things in nature.
Since then, we have collected many more acorns and filled a basket with them
to bring some more nature inside.


                                                                       
This candle was an old one we have had out for awhile- it is getting to the bottom, but
it smells so amazing, so I hope it's lasts awhile longer.
I had fun adding a little something to the plain glass candle jar.
I cut a small strip of burlap and wrapped it around and hot glued it in back.
Then I wrapped some of the orange ribbon around the bottom,
and added a leaf to the front.
I love how it looks when it's burning as the light shines through.


Fall is such a cozy, beautiful season to decorate for... I know it is a blessing to have
the added feel of Autumn when I look around the house.



What is your favorite way to decorate for Fall?




I hope y'all had a lovely weekend and are having
a beautiful week so far!







7 comments:

  1. Jazzmin you are so talented! I love the way you painted on the sign...and the touches of glitter that you've added to everything is done in such a tasteful way. It was amazing to me to see how those colored leaves hot glued around the natural wreath just really made the whole thing pop. It is all just so lovely. Thank you for sharing! And I love the acorns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazzmin,

    Your autumnal decor is lovely! The sign you made looks terrific, I like the little added touch of glitter. I agree it does seem weird for the evenings to be so dark. It has been very brisk and windy here blowing off all the remaining leaves.

    My favorite way to decorate for fall is to bring some of the beautiful outdoors into the house. For example Indian corn, pine cones and apples.

    May you have a blessed day!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There, You are a very talented young lady, Love all of your Fall projects. That wreath is gorgeous… Love your colors.

    Have a great day tomorrow.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my lovely friend :) Your Autumn decor is simply charming! I fell in love with the twig wreath and the idea of putting glitter on the sticks - how clever! I will have to remember that for next year. The Fall sign is adorable and adds a beautiful touch to your home. Thank you for sharing these lovely ideas with us - your home looks perfect for the Autumn season.

    I hope you are have a good week, sweet Jazzmin. Thinking of you!

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jazzmin, your fall decorations are wonderful! Everything is so creative and pretty. You did a beautiful job!

    Thank you so much for being willing to pray for me! What a blessing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!
    I was trying to send you an email but the email that your blogger profile has, won't work. Could I have the right one? = )

    I love your Autumn decorations! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...