Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #8

Are we really already 3 days into December?!  Is time flying unbelievably to anyone else?
I hope you have had a wonderful day... and a very blessed week of family time, and time off and of rest this past week!

It is a relaxing night here and it is so nice to be home after a long, but good day.  I thought I would join Patrice and Wendell and my other farmhouse porch friends for another chat before the day is over.  You can visit the porch here, and join in if you like!  And may I say, as always, I love today's questions... but maybe a little bit more than usual today, particularly the 1 and 3.

Questions
1.  Please tell me the three most valuable things you learned as a child or young person.
There are many things that I have learned growing up, but the most valuable things that have been instilled in me are things that I am so thankful to have been taught...
Have a generous, giving heart and go out of your way to be kind.
Use your manners always.
Make God the center of your life and everything else falls into place.
When you're growing up, the things that your parents (mostly your Mama!) emphasize to you don't always seem that important.  When you start getting a little older, though, you realize how precious those lessons were and how important it is that those things stick with you.
2.  Do you participate in Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
We usually go shopping for Black Friday.  It's a fun feeling to get up early together and get our hot chocolate and drive around to different places and go into the city for a little while.  We don't do the type of Black Friday where you stand in line for hours to get a television or anything, but we still try to go early for the fun of it.  It's also fun to look through the ads on Thanksgiving day and plan where we're going to go.  This year, we got a movie we had been waiting to buy and an old-fashioned looking popcorn maker.
3.  Do you pray?
Yes!  I don't know anything better or sweeter than the chance to praise and talk to our Savior.  Praying is so special and beautiful a gift, and I cherish the privilege of praying.  My heart grows bigger with love for and thankfulness towards God each time I pray.  I don't know where I would be without it.
4.  Have you been invited to any parties to celebrate Christmas or New Years?
I haven't.  I don't know anyone having any, but I relish the moments just staying home with my family and enjoying the coziness.  We love just being together, doing things like watching classic winter films, relaxing, and baking, or travelling.  It is a wonderful feeling and every year I know I wouldn't trade it for the world.
5.  Have you ever owned cowboy boots or a cowboy hat? (A cowboy?  Tee hee :) Just had to throw that one in for fun!)
Haha, I have. Considering where I live, I should probably have a lot, but  I have one pair of boots right now, and actually just finished looking at a few pairs this weekend.  It's fun trying them on.  Ranching has been a part of our family and my Grandma was actually in rodeos as a girl, so she has cowgirl wear that she has shared with us over the years.  Unfortunately, she wears a different size than I do.  If we wore the same size and if she had kept more of her boots and hats, they would surely and mysteriously find a way into my closet.
Bonus Question:  Is there anything you'd like to share with us?  Any thoughts, ideas, or inspirations?
-Yes!  I was inspired by many beautiful recipes and baking photos I saw today.  They get me excited for wintertime baking!  Snowflake frosted gingerbread cookies, red velvet brownie pie, chocolate peppermint roll, spiced eggnog bundt cake, and peppermint white chocolate-chip cookies.  Yum!
{photo}


.          .          .
Happy December to you!  I love this month so much.  So much joy and coziness in such a lovely time of year.
What are you most excited about this month?
Blessings to you!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzmin,
    I had fun reading your post this morning and just wanted to say hello! :) I hope that you had a good Thanksgiving weekend! And OH MY the picture above look so delicious! Have a fun rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a delight to visit you, my lovely friend :) That cake roll looks amazing! Wow, I would love to have a slice of that right now!

    I am looking forward to moving into our new home by Christmas and to, Lord-willing, be able to decorate for Christmas too :) I must admit that it is hard waiting to move in since Christmas is my favorite time, but it will be worth it in the end.

    I hope your week is going well, sweet Jazzmin. Today we got a foot of snow! It's beautiful outside, but wow, what a lot of snow!

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your chat!
    I have no idea where I would be either without prayer. I can't even begin to imagine!
    That picture looks so delicious! I want it!

    Have a blessed rest of your week!
    Ty

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been nominated for an award! You can see the post here:http://gracefullyfeminine.blogspot.com/2013/12/elegant-blogger-award.html

    xoxo
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your answer to the question about prayer is lovely! I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...