Friday, December 13, 2013

Faithful Friday!

The Lord has really helped me to view my life in a way where I see it for what bigger purpose it has rather than just to satisfy me and doing what what I want to do.  The purpose of the life that has been given to me should not be to solely seek joys and excitement; instead, it should be to spend as many moments as possible with the goal to help others.

You can have faith and be close to God and go to church and other things that would seem to make you a godly person, but I feel like what does all of that matter if you don't have a heart that goes out to those who need you.  To give of yourself to anyone in need- an animal, a stranger, someone sick, someone with heartache- is perhaps the most godly act you could do as you go about each day.

So, when I think about these beautiful words in the sweet photograph above- the reason God gives us a new day of life each day- it makes me feel like I have so much to learn in selflessness.  Waking up to a new day tomorrow, I should not look at it as another day to have fun for or experience something joyful for myself.  It takes your heart and your faith to a beautiful place to think of each day as a gift to serve others!
If we wake up tomorrow, it is because we have a purpose to help someone who needs us!  Your purpose of today may even just be to lift someone up in prayer, or through a kind action, a loving word to a person we may come across, to make a bigger difference in the lives of others because of what we have to give- and even more than that, because we have been given another day to give it.




Have a blessed weekend!
Hope you stay warm and cozy inside♥




.          .          .


Faithful Fridays are hosted by Joy on her blog, Doodlebug.  You can enjoy visiting her blog and read her amazing posts, here!
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so very true Jazzmin! It is too easy for me to think of my own plans for the day without considering what I could be doing for others, and that is when the LORD so sweetly reminds of this truth. Just like the JOY acronym. : )

    May you have a very blessed weekend!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      It is always a delight to read your comments. I relate so much to what you said, and I love that you brought up J.O.Y. It is such a wonderful, yet simple, description of how we can live fully for others and our Lord.

      And yes, how wonderful it is to have Him remind us!

      I hope you have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. Jazzmin, it is so easy to live life "building our own kingdoms," and not thinking of ways to serve others. I love what you said, "think of each day as a gift to serve others." What a wonderful sentiment. May I quote you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jerralea,
      What a wonderful way to phrase that: "building our own kingdoms". I think that being born with the instinct to care for ourselves, we find ourselves doing it too much sometimes without thinking of others. I think of many times when I have been guilty of that. But I'm thankful we can pray for a giving heart and try our hardest to have one.

      And you can definitely quote me :) Thank you so much for your comment!

      Hoping you have a blessed day!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...