Saturday, December 14, 2013

One Year Later

{photo}
I am sure I'm not alone when I say that I still feel stunned that the Sandy Hook Elementary tragedy happened even if it has been a year since.  I get chills thinking about the horror of it and I want to cry when I see the precious faces of the children and all those that had their lives cut short on this day of December last year.

I just saw an interview of the sister of Noah Posner, one of the little boys who passed away.  Tears came to my eyes as I watched her talk about her memories of that day and what it was like on the day of college last year when her mom called and told her what had happened.  She was trying to hold it together as she spoke, and you could tell her heart crumbled just to think about it.  My heart breaks for her and the other many families of the children and teachers who were killed.  A year may have gone by, but I am sure the pain has not lessened any for those who lost their precious children and family members.


I look at all of those beautiful souls who passed away that day as heroes.  Victoria Soto is one of them.  She is a hero to me.  She was 27 years old and one of the teachers at Sandy Hook.  She protected and hid her class and sacrificed her life to save them.  Her courage and immense love for her students inspires and overwhelms me.



May all our prayers and blessings be with those who lost their loved ones on December 14th last year in Connecticut, as they deal with the grief and memories of one year ago today.


Hug your loved ones extra tight, remembering how much of a gift each moment with them is.


Have a blessed weekend!!




"The Lord is close to the broken hearted,
and saves those who are crushed in spirit"
Psalms 34:18
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the words of wisdom, dear Jazzmin. Life is so short and we need to cherish each and every moment.

    Blessings to you, my sweet friend, and may you have a lovely weekend. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe that it's been a year. Such a senseless tragedy… I saw on a show on Fox News this week an interview with several of the family members… Amazing how much faith and forgiveness they all had… They are keeping their loved ones alive --and hopefully, making good things to come out of such a horrible tragedy.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A year already. Such a heartbreaking event when it happened. Broke my heart to see those children coming out of that school after going through something like that at such a young age. My hope is that all this violence would stop in schools and everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally am with you about getting chills at the thought of it... Unbelievably tragic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...