Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pumpkin Chiffon Pie

 
The week of Thanksgiving was a joy, and a part of that was because I got to spend time baking!  I loved making one dessert from a delicious new recipe:  Pumpkin Chiffon Pie.

This is also the simplest and fastest pie recipe I have ever tried.  Although it's during this season when I especially enjoy long, lovely days of baking, sometimes it is nice to make something that tastes amazing, yet doesn't take a lot of time to make.

 

I saw this Paula Deen recipe and it looked simple and heavenly (you can even watch this video of her making it to see how easy it is)!

It was so delicious.  It had the perfect amount of rich, smooth pumpkin-spice taste!

 
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
1 frozen deep dish 9-inch pie crust
32 jumbo marshmallows
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
12 oz. container whipped topping
cinnamon for garnish
 
"Bake pie crust according to directions.
In the top of a double boiler over low heat, combine the
marshmallows and the pumpkin puree.  Stir constantly,
with a heatproof spatula, until the marshmallows are melted.
Take the pan off the heat and stir in the spice and salt.
 
When the mixture is completely cool, stir in half of the whipped topping.
Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.  Top with the remaining whipped
topping and garnish with cinnamon."
 
I put ours in the freezer for about an hour to make it firmer after it was done,
so it would be easier to slice.  It was delicious served so cold.
 
 
 
 
 
Pumpkin flavors of spice and sweetness mix to make a great dessert.  And it makes it even more wonderful to add this whipped, wonderful texture to the mix.
 
 
.         .         .
 
 
 
I hope you are having a blessed day!




3 comments:

  1. Hi there, That looks delicious. I love Pumpkin-anything----so I would love this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh my gosh... MARSHMALLOWS?! I need to try that when I get home!!! Looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jazzmin, would it be unlady-like to tell you that I am drooling right now?! Wow, this looks SOOO good! Definitely putting this one on my "To Try" list and it's going to be at the top of the list :)

    Thanks for sharing, friend! I hope you're enjoying this beautiful Christmas season! Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...