Sunday, December 29, 2013

Soft, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!

 
From these photos, you can tell that these cookies are not chocolate chip cookies.
I used peanut butter chips instead because that was what I had (and they turned out delicious!),
but this recipe is really a chocolate chip cookie recipe.
The substance of each cookie and the way it tasted was amazing!
 
They stayed soft and chewy long after they had cooled off, which is something
that even some of the most wonderful tasting cookies do not always do.
So, for that reason and because they had such wonderful flavor, this is a keeper of a
recipe in my opinion.
 
 
Here is the recipe...
 
Ingredients
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar (I used light)
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 large eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt 3 cups semi-sweet choc. chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
 
*note: I added an extra tsp. of vanilla.
You can never have too much :)
 
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream sugars and butter together. 
Add vanilla and eggs.  Mix well.
Combine dry ingredients together in a separate bowl
and gradually add to creamed mixture.
Stir in chips and nuts.
 
Bake in small drops on non-stick cookie sheets,
10-12 minutes.
 
 



 
 
I think I was a little more excited about getting in the kitchen the day I made these
cookies, because it was the first time I got to use my new poinsettia oven mitt♥
That really got me in the winter baking spirit.
 
This winter, it has been so exciting to have time to bake to my heart's
content because I have so much time to try different recipes.
I am so grateful to have this time to have fun and be in the kitchen a lot together.
I've been baking big batches of cookies every few days for fun.  That probably
doesn't sound healthy, haha, but I try to not eat too many
and it helps that we share them, too.
 
 
The two chocolate chip recipes I've tried this month have been the one I'm sharing
here and then the one on the back of the Nestle chocolate morsels package.
Honestly, I couldn't tell you which ones came out better.  It was hard to decide.
I would recommend either one, because they both had so much flavor and were WONDERFUL.
 
 
 
 
 
Happy baking!
 
Have a blessed Sunday, everyone!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzmin,

    I can see why the oven mitt inspired your baking, it is so pretty! Looks like a tasty recipe. I love anything with peanut butter! : )

    May you have a blessed day!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my dear Jazzmin! It is so, so, SO good to visit you! How was your Christmas? I pray it was wonderful :) Thank you, friend, for the delightful Christmas card - it was a joy to receive it. These cookies look very tasty and I have a weakness for peanut butter so this is one cookie recipe I would LOVE!

    May you have a very blessed New Year, sweet friend. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...