Saturday, December 21, 2013

Winter is Here!

Happy first day of Winter!

To me, it has felt like Winter long before now.  Not necessarily because of the weather (which in the South will play tricks on you and turn from Winter to Summer and back to Winter again in a matter of days), because it is back to being a bit warm here this weekend, but because of the joyful, cozy, and cheery spirit that defines this wonderful time of year.  I think I would be content if God decided that there would be Winter for a whole year.

What a nostalgic, wonderful, child-like feeling it brings.  I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I fall in love with it every year when it comes around and often look forward to it when it hasn't arrived yet. 
For many of us, this is "the most wonderful time of the year" because we have some of our sweetest memories branded in this season.  I know I do!  Time of joy and family and togetherness and wonderment.  When you have that, Winter becomes this feeling of being inside a Kinkade painting or the pages of Little House in the Big Woods, or any charming, cozy place that makes you feel warm and happy.


Each of these scenes paints the perfect picture of the love of Winter I feel each year, the way I see it in my mind.  A vintage, olden days kind of picture... and whether your Winter is warm or snowy, it doesn't seem to matter, for you feel the same type of wonder in your heart no matter where you are as long as you're with those you love...

 
  
 


 



 
 
I left this for last, because it is the coziest to me.
I first saw it a few weeks ago, and every time I look at it I feel comfy just thinking about
 being in this room with the sweetness of sleep, a fireplace, and snow falling just outside
 the window.
 
It may not be snowing here, but our Winters are still cozy.  I relish mostly in the chilly, rainy days.  It looks here much like the second painting from the bottom.  Wintery and nice, but no snow.  Snow is rare down here, but I still hope and pray it will come sometime during the season.  I'm thankful we get to bring the feeling of it being cold outside into our house at least through decorating with a Wintery feel!  Simple things, even like decorating my blog for the season brought that feeling to me, which I had a lot of fun doing yesterday.
 
.            .            .
 
 
I think Winter makes everything come to life in a way unlike in any other season... and it makes people come to life, too, which is perhaps what makes it most special.

I am so thankful for the Winter season.  There is no place I'd rather be now than cozying up near the fireplace, sipping hot chocolate, reading while snuggled in a chair, bundling up in sweaters, baking up recipes, and spending time at home together.

What is your idea of Winter heaven?




Happy Winter to everyone!

I hope y'all have a BLESSED season!!




1 comment:

  1. Jazzmin,

    I really like your new blog design! The cardinals are so pretty. I love all of the wintery pictures you posted- so very pretty and cozy!

    It has been raining here too, but sometimes that can be better than snow as we were able to get out yesterday and visit with family and friends. Last weekend we had so much snow we couldn't leave the house! The weather report for our area is forecasting more snow for the next week, so looks like we will have a white Christmas. : )

    May you and your family have a very blessed Christmas!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...