Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #9


I hope you are having a wonderful week so far!   Since it is Tuesday, I'm joining in on Ms. Patrice's porch for a Chat!  Here are my questions and answers. . .


1.  How much baking did you do before and after Christmas?  Do you get more inspired to bake when the temps are cooler?
The amount of baking I have done since about the time of Thanksgiving is probably slightly embarrassing, haha.  But, I just love to bake and try new recipes and being in the kitchen helping or doing my own recipe gives me a feeling of fun and accomplishment at the same time, and like I am doing something loving for my family and anyone visiting.  I baked around 10 batches of cookies in December and a few cakes in between.  I have been experimenting with different cookie recipes and have had so much fun with it.  One of my favorites was chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips!
In answer to the second part, I definitely am more inspired to bake in Winter.  The main reason I think of is that in the South, when it is Summer time everything is so hot that you don't have a lot of energy.  In Winter, though, with the chillier weather, I feel more alive and have energy to bake warm pies and cookies and cakes.  Baking in the cooler weather is also my favorite because whatever you make is not only delicious, but makes you feel warmer and cozier.

2.  Do you have any food intolerances or allergies?
Not that I know of.  I am very thankful for that, because it would be hard to have an allergy to something delicious.  A few people I know are allergic to peanut butter.  That would be hard.

3.  When was the last time you were in a restaurant?
The last restaurant we were in was Chili's in the next town.  We went because we had just gotten a gift card for a meal there from my sweet Aunt.  It had been awhile since we had eaten there.

4.  What's your favorite accent(speech)?
I love how Italian sounds when spoken, and European accents overall are beautiful. I think my favorite accent, though, would be Irish.  I love how unique it is.  It's fun to try to speak that way, too.

5.  My favorite                        is                        .
My favorite feeling is being at home with my family this time of year and enjoying good meals, moments, and laughing together.



Those were my answers for today.  Click here to take a seat on the porch swing and join in, as well as visit the ladies participating in the Farmhouse Chat today.



Blessings to you!

I hope you have a beautiful day♥


9 comments:

  1. being at home with family is wonderful. I love sweet tea in the South. It is my go to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazzmin,

    I enjoyed your chat. I agree baking in the winter is far more enjoyable than summer. It does help to make me feel cozy when it is cold.

    May you have a blessed day!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I enjoy eating at Chili's also! Such yumminess! I am certain that all of your cookies and cakes that you made over the holiday season beginning at Thanksgiving were very good, Jazzmin. That is the way I normally bake over the holidays also. This year was the first for us as far as just baking as we went along through the weeks. I love your background here on the blog! SO wintry and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cardinals on the side bar are so cute. We have dozens here in Missouri,that come to our feeders in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your last answer. Being with family is so special. I baked an embarrassing amount too. I like baking in the fall and winter, but I don't like heating up the kitchen in the summer. I still bake for our farm interns though, but not as often as in cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW- I like the red cardinal wallpaper on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your background and your answers are awesome. It's been awhile since I've been to Chili's but I always enjoy it when I do get to go there to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Enjoyed reading your answers… Here are mine:

    I didn't bake much at all --since we both are watching our weight... However, we did drink some eggnog and hot apple cider. AND--we had a Dutch Apple Pie for Christmas... SO--we still ate WELL.

    No problem with any foods --but do have an allergy to Penicillin.

    We were in a restaurant last Saturday night… KFC!!!!

    I love to hear folks who have a British accent speak.

    My favorite meat is sirloin steak from the Texas Road House.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, it would be very hard to be allergic to peanut butter. Thankfully, that is one thing that I am not allergic to yet. :)

    Chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips sound really good. What other kinds of cookies did you experiment with?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...