Friday, January 31, 2014

Faithful Friday: Commit Your Plans to the Lord

{source}
There was a time today when my mind drifted (in a good way) from what I was doing and I thought about this.  This verse is so wonderful and the truth in it is such a blessing to us.  Knowing the way it so beautifully effects your life is part of why I love these words. 

In my walk, I feel that my faith would be so lacking if I did not keep this amazing verse in mind and do my best to apply it to what I do.  There is the sweetest, clearest difference in the way your life plays out when you live each day and each "activity" that you do with the goal of pleasing Him!  I also love how this verse doesn't just say to think of God when you go about your day or work towards a goal or work for a dream... it says commit those things to Him. 

I think the main way I excitedly commit my plans and activities to the Lord is to pray about them and seek guidance in such things.  I ask God to show me in some way that doing or going after whatever it is I am thinking about is the way I am meant to go.  I can't help think of how beautiful that is... to commit your plans or dreams to God and see Him carry out those plans in His own way and in His time.

One of the beautiful parts of this is that it can be something big or very small.  Committing your passions, hopes, interests, joys or hobbies, plans, or whatever it may be.  I believe this is by far one of the most precious aspects of a relationship with God my heart is so full with that I would never ever want to live without.



I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!
And stay warm if you're getting cold, icy weather!


Blessings ♥



.           .           .


Faithful Fridays are hosted by my sweet friend, Joy, on her blog, Doodlebug.  You can read her amazing posts and be inspired by her faith here.

2 comments:

  1. Hello precious friend! I love coming to your blog because I know I will be "taught;" I will be given words of wisdom to ponder. This was an excellent post, Jazzmin! And this is a verse I need to memorize and keep close to my heart.

    Also, your comments on my blog are always so thoughtful and full of kindness - thank you so much! So thankful for you, friend! Have a lovely weekend!

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post, and I love that verse.My favorite part was when you said that we have to have the intentions of pleasing HIM!

    Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...