Saturday, January 25, 2014

Faithful Friday!

{source}
Prayer is my lifeline.  Of all aspects of my faith, I think that it is the most deeply rooted part of my aim to follow the Lord and grow closer to Him everyday.  When I pray, I feel like I am in the arms of my Father with His arms around me protecting me and like I am in the best place I could be- whether I have something bothering me or I want to give thanks.  But sometimes I know that I am so tired or anxious about something that I feel like I have no words to pray.  This quote reminds me of how beautiful it is that we can actually just let our prayer flow straight from our heart if we can't think of exactly what we want to say: heart without words.  It is better to do that than pray in a way that our heart is not truly in it.  He reads whatever feelings or burdens or thoughts that may be in our heart.  I am so overwhelmed and comforted to think about how God so lovingly sees that sometimes we are too physically or mentally hurting or tired out that we can't come up with words... and that makes me think of the truth in this quote.

Growing up, I was always told how much it means to always pray from the heart.  I am thankful for knowing the importance of that, but perhaps even more I am grateful to know that God loves us so much that He listens to the prayers we don't even speak but that come from our thoughts and hearts alone.  How amazing it is to know that we never have to feel that God is not near to us just because we can't muster up the right words to tell Him how we feel in prayer.


"The Lord is near to all them that call on Him, to all that call on Him in truth."
Psalms 145:18





Blessings to you!

Have a wonderful day!



.          .          .

I am participating in Faithful Fridays with Joy on her blog, Doodlebug.  Click here to join her link up and read her inspiring posts on faith.




6 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzmin, Thank you for this beautiful, comforting post. May God bless your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this encouraging, wonderful post! It makes me sad to think of how much non believers are missing out on. It's mind blowing that The Lord and creator of literally everything cares so much about us that He would care for every little thing in each of our lives!
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Jazzmin, that quote from John Bunyan left me speechless! Such truth in those words. It is a blessing to know that I can visit your beautiful blog and leave with a better outlook of the day. Truly, you are a joy and blessing to me!

    May your week be full of God's peace and joy. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayer...what a privilege God has allowed us...He even tells us to come boldly before His throne of grace and make our petitions...and also time to just spend in awe of Him. Thank you for your beautiful post and sharing with us about what prayer is to you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! Such a beautiful space you have here!
    So happy to have found you, and will be adding you to my Dashboard. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this so, so much, Jazzmin! Thank you for sharing. Remembering this helps me when I pray. Prayer isn't always about talking to God, but instead just pouring it all out to Him and communing with Him, however that may be--with or without words.

    Thank you for participating in Faithful Fridays and have a great weekend! :)

    God bless,
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...