Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

It feels like it has been such a long time since I wrote a Simple Woman's Daybook entry!  So I am excited to be writing one today, not to mention that it is my first this year.

 
FOR TODAY
 
Outside my window...
It is dark right now, a little windy, and warming up a little after a freezing day.
The weather is kind of crazy in the South, as I've probably shared a few times.  Today it was in the 20's and 30's and in a few days it is going to be in the 70's!
I'll miss the chilly weather, but I'm sure it'll be back soon.
 
I am thinking...
About how wonderful supper was.  We had a homemade pizza
and the smell of it from the oven was making it hard to wait before it came out.
It was so good.
 
I am thankful...
for all the ways the Lord provides for my needs and answers my prayers.
I am reminded every day of how truly hard so many have it, and that instead of dwelling
on how something isn't going my way in life I should pray for them.
I feel like I could never stop thanking God for all He blesses me with...
 even if it isn't all I want it is always all I need.
 
I am wearing...
my light blue sweatshirt and comfy pants, settling in for a cozy night. 
 
I am creating...
new sketches.  I have free times throughout each day which is something I
am really grateful for, and most of the time I enjoy sketching or reading so much.
 
I am going...
to hopefully try out an interesting new cookie recipe tomorrow!
 
I am wondering...
what book I might read next.  I'm always finding new ones at the library
or on the shelves in my room that I rediscover, so it's hard to choose sometimes.
 
I am reading...
Tuck Everlasting and my Bible.
 
I am hoping...
to get to bed earlier the rest of this week than I have been.
 
I am praying...
about a lot on my heart lately, including for miracles and better health
for my Aunt and others I know going through trials and illnesses.
 
I am looking forward to...
going to Hobby Lobby this weekend!  I've been thinking about it since
Monday ;)
 
I am learning...
how much I realize I miss things that I come back to after awhile.
Hobbies, books, everything that delights my heart that I may have gotten distracted from.
 
Around the house...
it is quiet and late and one of my favorite times of day when things
are settling down into the coziness of evening- especially a Winter evening.
 
I am pondering...
the beauty of people. Every day, it seems like I have the privilege of running into
or meeting at least one person that says something kind or friendly
 or does something to make me smile.
I find myself thinking when they walk away what a wonderful person they must
be to get to know just based on what they seemed like.
 
A favorite quote for today...
I heard this in my class the other morning, and I love it.
This is how I feel, whether teaching children or being a mother to them someday.
"I don't want my children to follow in my footsteps.  I want them to take
the path next to me and go farther than I ever dreamt possible".
 
One of my favorite things...
waking up in the morning with excitement about what is ahead
and what I can do with the day.
 
A few plans for the rest of my week...
Study a lot, bake , hopefully finish the book I'm reading,
go grocery shopping together, and spend time with my family.
 
A peek into my day...
This is actually from this past Friday, but I wanted to share it
because I think I myself am still in disbelief that we actually got some Winter weather.
It snowed!  It wasn't thick snow, but it was still exciting!  And freezing!
Almost everything was canceled since no one can drive in the snow and ice and we just
stayed home snuggly indoors with the fire on.  What a great day.
If you are used to getting feet of snow, this probably is funny to you! 
Haha, but down here this is a big deal.  Several Winters usually pass between even
one snow day. 
This was by the path to our door,
 one of the places the snow was a little thicker on the ground.
 
 
 
Thank you for reading my Daybook thoughts.
 
 
 I hope y'all are having a blessed week! 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzmin, Georgia has had snow/ice this week and it is only 12 degrees this a.m.! I hope you will share your cookie recipe later. I love the way certain foods make the house smell so good. Your home made pizza sounds delicious! I join you in praying for your Aunt's health. One store that I miss a lot is Hobby Lobby. You will have so much fun browsing the aisles. I would love to get some Valentine décor for our front door. I believe you like to crochet too. Maybe you will find some pretty yarn. Always a joy to visit here. Blessings to you this weekend. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mildred,
      Wow, I had heard about your weather there on the news but I didn't know it was quite that warm! Hope y'all are staying nice and warm inside :) That's the kind of whether where it's really nice if you don't have to go out much.
      I will definitely be sharing the cookie recipe if they turn out ok... I actually am about to make them right now as I didn't get to before like I wanted because we ran out of eggs.
      Thank you so much for the prayers for my Aunt. You are a true blessing. I know she could use them.

      Oh, shopping for front door décor is so much fun. I hope you are able to make or get something for yours!

      Thank you for your comment. It always brightens my day to read your kind words.

      Hoping you have a wonderful weekend!!

      Blessings,
      Jazzmin :)

      Delete
  2. Good Friday morning, new friend!
    I enjoyed sharing your day with you.
    Wondering about those cookies, as well!
    Here in PA we are COLD, even for us...the temperatures this week have been around -12...
    I am staying warm and cozy in my home!
    Have a cozy day yourself! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BillieJo,
      Thank you so much for stopping by! I loved reading your sweet comment. I am so thankful to have you as a new friend!
      Sounds like it is absolutely freezing in Pennsylvania. So glad you are staying warm though, and hopefully getting to enjoy it from inside with a cup of something yummy and maybe a crackling fire. We don't get weather that cold down here, but I wouldn't mind it. Aren't freezing days such a nice chance to snuggle up and be toasty inside spending precious times with family! :)

      Have a wonderful and blessed day!

      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  3. Hi There, Glad you got some snow and could enjoy it. I felt so sorry for all of the people who got stuck in that mess.... We have had an incredibly frigid January up here in TN... We've had several days with the temperatures going below zero... That is so rare for us. Hope February treats us all nicer!

    Loved reading your thoughts. You are such an incredibly positive person.

    God Bless.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy!
      Thank you for your comment. It is always such a pleasure to read the words you leave. It seems like the South, both where you are and where I am and all the way into the Eastern parts have had a harsh winter this year. Wow, Tennessee IS cold! I love the cold weather, but we have never had temps below zero so maybe I'm speaking out of ignorance to say that I would like it. I hope you get a little warmer weather your way!

      Such a blessing to read your kind comment. Thank you for stopping by.

      Have a great day!

      Hugs to you,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  4. Homemade pizza sounds delicious! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...