Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Little Sunshine

Happy Saturday!
 
I am so grateful another weekend is here to enjoy and to
pick up projects and crafts from last weekend.  I hope yours is off to a great start. 
What are your weekend plans?
 
 
.          .          .
 
 
Kalin from the lovely blog, Modesty Is My Policy, is so thoughtful
to have nominated me for the Sunshine Award!
She is so sweet to nominate me a second time for this award- which
is lovely and cheery just in it's name!- and I am honored she thought of me.
 
Since many of the questions are different from last time, I'll hopefully have some
 different answers so that I'm not writing quite as much of what I have on other award posts.
So, I thought I would answer them today and thank her for nominating me
(although I'm a bit distracted by this glorious scenery of the Sunshine Award image).
 
 
I really love her questions.  Here they are!
 
 
What is your favorite time of year?
I've always loved Winter because whether you have snow or not-
which we usually don't- it is always such a cozy and cheerful time of year.
However, with the Spring days already showing themselves, it is hard not to
answer with Spring because I am more and more looking forward to it.
I love all times of year and the beauty they bring, except for probably around late
July and August when it becomes humid and about a thousand degrees in the South.
 
Do you have any pets?
I have my little dog, Lucie, who I have talked a little about before.
I love her and she's my little companion when I'm home alone,
always sitting on my lap and following me around.  You can see her here.
We also have an aquarium full of beautiful fish that we got this past year.
They are so calming to watch with their fluttering tails and colors.
 
What is your favorite genre of music?
It's hard to choose because I listen to a lot of things, but mostly I have grown up with
 the older music my parents did because I have always enjoyed it so much
more than anything new.  I also have come to enjoy some country,
more than anything because of the pure and beautiful lyrics in most
songs and for the stories in them.  I love that. 
I am so inspired by worship songs as well.
I would say overall that my favorite music is just anything that makes me
 feel something or that is nostalgic to me over the range of genres there are.
 
What is your favorite kind of food?
I love good Southern home cooking and Mexican food over anything,
as well as Italian.  So delicious.
 
Do you have any siblings?
No, I am an only child :)
 
What is your opinion or courtship/dating?
I personally believe that courtship, or what can be called dating with a purpose
 in a courtship, is what leads to the best kind of marriage.
  Choosing courtship over casual dating is to choose the way that will not
lead you away from purity and that will help you to guard your heart and save it for
the one God has for you.  Dating means leaving pieces of your heart with
different people and I know I don't want that.
God has worked so much in my heart about this even in just the past few years
to strengthen my convictions, but I am so thankful to have grown up with parents
who instilled that in me early on. 

Pants or Skirts/Dresses?
All of the above.  I wear jeans a lot because I feel most comfortable
in them, but I love to wear maxi skirts and lovely dresses- especially in Spring!
I am looking forward to hopefully sewing a new dress!

What inspired you to start blogging?
I was excited at the thought of having a way to share my joys, faith, crafts,
 and loves, as well as a little about Southern life through writing and photographs.
 
If you could meet any famous person, dead or alive, who would you pick?
Jesus.  That may seem like an obvious answer, but I cannot imagine just how
incredible it would have been to have met Jesus when He was on Earth,
to sit down and hear him speak!  How amazing.
Other people I would like to meet are Michelle Duggar and Laura Ingalls Wilder.
 
What is your favorite bible verse?
I think the bible is so packed with beautiful verses that every single day I find
or am reminded of one that I love so dearly.  It is hard to say if it is my absolute favorite because
of that, but definitely one of my favorites is a reminder to me that God will take care of
 me through my hardest trials if I trust Him: Isaiah 40:31...
"But those who trust in the lord
will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint".
 
 
 
Those are my answers.  Thank you again, Kalin!
 
The sweet, lovely friends I have made in you all are truly wonderful.
Because I will have more than the eleven nominees and because I think I have repeated
awards before when I nominated others, I choose to nominate all of you♥
 
Your blogs are such a blessing to me, as is your friendship.
Each of you deserves a Sunshine Award.
 
 
 
I have had fun writing this post. 
Thank you for reading.
 
 
 
May you have a blessed and beautiful weekend!!
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Great answers Jazzmin!

    Bek and I actually tagged Kalin with this! And Bek made the fabulous image collage! :)

    So glad that I finally got around to following your blog!

    Cassie
    Calico Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cassie,
      Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Your sister did such a wonderful job making the image- it is truly beautiful!!

      I am blessed by your blog and honored to have you follow mine. Thank you :)

      I hope you had a lovely weekend!

      Blessings,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  2. You are a gem, sweet Jazzmin! Your post, as always, was a joy to read and it's always fun to know more about you :)

    I hope your Sunday has been lovely - it's a beautiful afternoon here and I do believe Spring is in the air :) Love to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie!
      You are too kind, sweet friend. Thank you for your kind words!

      To say it is always a joy and blessing to me to read the comments you leave is an understatement, thank you!

      I hope you had a wonderful Sunday, too! I'm glad it was a beautiful day where you are :) It is so exciting when Spring starts to show.

      Love and hugs,
      Jazzmin

      Delete
  3. Hi Jazzmin. Fun to learn more about you. Little Lucie is the cutest doggie. We have a mini dachshund that is a lot of company to us. It is very inspiring to visit with you here. God has blessed me with many fine Christian blogger friends. Have a great week. Mildred

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...