Friday, February 21, 2014

Faithful Friday: Firm Faith

{source}
Yesterday I wrote this verse in an email to a friend.  She was telling me about an experience she is going through and I was hoping to encourage her.  She is such a wonderful example of standing firm in her faith, and I was reminded of this amazing verse.  I hope she doesn't mind me saying this... I was just inspired by her firm faith to write about this verse.

One version I read said "stand firm in your convictions".  While this one says "the faith", they truly go hand in hand.   I love this verse so much because it is such a loving encouragement from God.  He's encouraging us to not give up, to stay strong!  And no matter how weighed down we feel, we can know that with Him encouraging us, walking through trials with us, we can and will get through.
The first part of this verse is so wonderful, too, because it is a reminder to be watchful and to be firm and stand up for our faith.  This is eye opening for me every time I read it.  It is easy to think about and know how important it is to stand up for our convictions every day in any way that comes up, but when it does come up sometimes it is harder to be courageous and firm.  I know this is a loving reminder from God to me that a life of loving and having faith in Him is not complete without standing up for Him.  Even if it means losing everything else- because nothing else could matter more.

There is such a difference in having faith and having firm faith.  God is continuously working this in my heart and reminding me of what that means.  And just think how amazingly special this is... to be encouraged by God Himself to be strong.


Let us show our love for God and strengthen that love by being courageous in our faith!


.           .           .


Faithful Fridays are hosted by my friend Joy on her blog Doodlebug.  You can visit her, here!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. What a good friend you are! And I love your beautiful thoughts this morning, my friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging! God is much greater than what life can give us!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Jazzmin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jazzmin-
    I just checked my email, and I just want to say "Thank you SO much!" You really have no idea how amazing that was of you to give me that advice! Thank you to the moon & back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true my friend, so true! I often think of the verse that talks about having faith the size of a mustard seed...a mustard see is so small yet to have faith that size we could move mountains!

    Thank you for the encouragement...I am sure your friend was blessed and you, dear Jazzmin, blessed me too :) Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good word, MIss Jazzmin. We need to have firm faith - and convictions. I'm reminded that God told Joshua the same thing: Be strong and very courageous.

    Love the photo you used for illustration, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post, Jazzmin! I guess I've never really stopped and taken time to look at that verse as God Himself encouraging us to stay strong in the faith. He's rooting us on, giving us a quick pep talk, and I know sometimes I really need that. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for linking up with Faithful Fridays! :)

    God bless you and have a wonderful week! :)
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...