Monday, February 3, 2014

The Softest, Sweetest Butter Cookies Ever

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the week! 

Today I wanted to share with you a recipe that I found recently that falls about in the top
two cookie recipes I have EVER tried!  It is for amazing butter cookies.... so sweet,
and the most perfect, soft, chewy cookies ever. 
They never got even slightly hard.

Before I go on, I should probably warn you that if you bake these there is a good
chance that you might just stand by the cookie jar all day long eating cookie after cookie after delicious cookie and still be looking for more.  Not that that happened to me ;)


These cookies were so amazingly good on their own, but I had a little bit of this pretty
purple frosting (I LOVE purple!) and sprinkles left in the fridge from when I baked
sugar cookies.  I was so excited to use my "froster" with the star tip that I got
this weekend at Hobby Lobby  and had fun doing some simple decorations
 on the cookies to make them cheerful and bright.


I always love how cakes or cookies or anything looks inside this cake platter.
It's been in our family for a long time and I hope it will become an heirloom to pass down.
It reminds me of something in an old diner that might have a pie under it or something.


Now to the recipe!
I do not take credit for it.  It is from Robyn from Add A Pinch.
She is a Southern wife and mother and shares the most delicious recipes.
Every one I have tried has come out so great.

INGREDIENTS
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS
In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.
Cream butter and sugar well, then add and beat in egg.
Gradually spoon in flour mixture until it is mixed in well.
Add in vanilla.

Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes.
(It may have just been my oven, but mine took 15 minutes)



Writing about this recipe is making me want to go make another batch
right this minute.  These cookies are simply wonderful.
I was so excited to find this recipe, and even more excited about how it turned out.

I hope you'll try it! 



Happy baking!



Blessings :)


18 comments:

  1. They sound like yummy cookies! =)
    Hey, the other day I made some cookies called, Southern Tea Cakes. They turned out really good!
    Have you ever made them before? Or any of the like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Malory,
      Thank you for your comment! These were delicious. If you like butter cookies, I would definitely recommend them :) And Southern tea cakes! Yes, we have a lot of recipes for those. Glad yours turned out great!

      Have a wonderful week!

      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  2. Hi Jazzmin, These cookies sound/look so good. I love purple/lavender, too. Your new tool from Hobby Lobby does a great job. How very special the lovely cake cover is. It reminds me of something you would have seen at the diner on the Andy Griffith show!
    Wishing you a wonderful week. It was 70 and sunny in Georgia today! This time last week, we had snow! Mildred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mildred,
      Thank you for your commenting :) It is always nice to read them. And yes, I was really excited to use the new froster from Hobby Lobby and had fun doing designs. I was surprised at how well it did. I love what you said about the cake cover! I agree.
      I know you have snow again in your post I read today, so I hope you're staying warm!

      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. These look amazing! I am going to try them very soon! Thank you for sharing, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billie Jo,
      Such a joy to see your comment :) These cookies are so delicious, and I hope you and your family love them!

      Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They were amazing!! You should try the recipe if you like butter cookies :) Thank you so much for your comment.

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  5. Hi Jazzmin! I love soft sugar cookies - I am going to pin these! They look so pretty with the purple frosting!

    Have a good week! It's so good to "visit" with you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and for your lovely comment! And I'm honored you pinned them :)

      I hope you have a blessed day, friend!!

      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  6. Oooo... my hubby LOVES butter cookies! And guess what? I have not made him any in ages so I think it's time and I will be using this recipe :) Thank you so much, sweet friend, for sharing with us. Your pictures are so pretty and made me want to grab a cookie out of the computer to accompany my hot tea.

    Hugs to you, dear Jazzmin! Thank you for blessing my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      I don't blame your husband!! Hehe, butter cookies, in my opinion, are just a little bit more addicting than other cookies. Especially this recipe. I hope if you get a chance to make it that you will all enjoy them :)

      I am just now getting to reply, but I loved your sweet comment. Thank you dear friend! I am so blessed to have you as a friend and get to know you better through each post and comment.

      Blessings and huge hugs!
      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  7. This topic really helps me a lot in approving my cooking expertise. it could definitely increase the protein and vitamins in our body. I can easily understand you’re all important points...

    http://www.alltimeprint.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for passing this along, Jazzmin! Those look so delicious.
    I need to bring a snack for Bible study Sunday, so I am so making these for that!
    Hoping you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ty,
      These would be so perfect for a Bible study! Hope y'all enjoyed them!

      Have a blessed week!

      ~Jazzmin

      Delete
  9. It seems to make it not too difficult, i will try at home after work.Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hana,
      Hope you enjoyed the cookies!! :)

      Have a wonderful day,

      Jazzmin

      Delete
  10. Oh, dear Miss Jazzmin...this recipe looks just perfect for making my "men" feel better! We have all be down with colds/flu symptoms this week...and I was thinking of baking them a little sweet treat. These cookies will be just the right medicine! Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Mrs. Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...