Friday, March 21, 2014

Faithful Friday: Praying for Others!

{source}
When I think of all the things I love so much about prayer and that I am thankful for about the power and gift of prayer, one of my most favorite that I cherish is praying for others.  My heart feels so full and more connected to my family members and friends I pray for, as well as even people I pray for in general that I have never met.  How beautiful it is to lift someone up in prayer, whether it is for their health, their walk in faith, or for whatever they may be facing.  Praying for ourselves is more than welcomed by God and we can know that He even asks us to throw our burdens upon him (Psalms 55:22), but praying for others not only lifts them up in prayer but also shows the compassion and caring qualities of our hearts.
Appreciating praying for others has been on my mind a lot lately.  I savor the times in prayer that I take time to think of anyone I know or don't know whom I can be praying for- those going hungry, being abused or hurt, who are sick, losing loved ones, going through heartache of any kind, struggling with their faith, or feeling discouraged.  Right now, I have been praying hard for someone in my family who is going through treatment for cancer.  She is on my heart and mind everyday and in my prayers.

It is amazing to me that even though I don't get to see her right now or many of the others I mention in prayer, I can show them love through my prayers.  The power of prayer is incredible.  I believe in miracles because of prayer and that God is always listening.  No matter how lost you feel or how hopeless thing may seem, also take heart that others may be lifting you up in prayer this very moment!




I hope you are having a blessed day!



Have a wonderful weekend!




.          .          .


Faithful Fridays are hosted by Joy on her lovely and inspiring blog, Doodlebug.  You can visit her or even link your own Faithful Friday post, here.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely we can show love by praying for others. I sometimes think if we really believed that prayer works, we'd be doing more of it!

    I pray your friend who is struggling with cancer would be strengthened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post, dear Jazzmin, and oh so true! Prayer, talking to our Lord, is something we must do in our Christian walk for without prayer, life would surely crumble. It is an honor and blessing to be able to pray for others - thank you for this, sweet friend!

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, Jazzmin!
    Other people's prayers really do matter, and I know how much of a blessing it is to have people in your life praying for you! Prayer really does change everything.
    Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
    Ty

    PS I LOVE the new blog design! Its so cute and springy! Spring is coming for sure in our neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers changed my life. I prayed for my mom to win the fight with thyroid cancer and now I pray for me to win the fight with breast cancer....Life can be hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jazzmin,

    You're so right! I have friends that live hundreds, even thousands of miles away, as well as friends that love as close as twenty-five minutes to us, but I can pray for them all, and I love that. The best kind of relationship of any sort is the one that's built around Jesus, and that includes praying for that person. :) It draws us closer to Jesus, and makes our relationship with that person so much better. And I've also heard people say that we should pray for those who hurt us or annoy us or drive us crazy--it doesn't always change them, but it changes us.

    Thanks so much for sharing this and participating in Faithful Fridays! :)

    God bless you and have a great weekend! :)
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...