Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Spring!

HAPPY SPRING to you!

Spring is just a season that gives so much joy.  I get excited for every season,
but when I think about it, Spring is different because although the other seasons are 
cheery for me Spring is the brightest and just makes you feel so much joy when you look around!

Everything that IS spring is so lovely and beautiful and God's beautiful colors just show
themselves everywhere this time of year, from flowers to the beautiful animals and butterflies.
What a season to be truly thankful for as we look around us.
There is so much about it to enjoy outside and as we relax among all of the flowers and beauty. 

{photo}
Spring is undoubtedly the most glorious season of the South.
Which is probably why I get so excited and write a lot about it every year and
sound in love with it each year- I can't contain my love for it :)
Everything is so bright and shines and is so cheery.  Every region seems to have their
best season.  I think that the Fall season in the North and Northeast is so amazing,
 the winter scenes of the West are breathtaking, and down South Spring is our most
amazing time of year.
The weather is perfect, the trees are starting to bloom, the wildflowers are
popping up in carpets everywhere (I've been seeing so many lately!), the gardens are
alive with color, the grass is brilliant green, the breezes are soft.

It's the perfect time to dream, surrounded by Azaleas and Gardenias and Hydrangeas,
lying in a hammock under a shade-tree with some sweet tea or lemonade.

...Or be awed by the wildflowers.  Everyone has different types of wildflowers where
they are, which I think is so neat because all of the Spring scenes across each state are different.
Here, we have fields of the most magnificent blues and purples and reds and oranges 
more than anything.
I've been here all my life and I will never become numb to how overwhelmingly 
amazing it is to stand in a field like this and stare out at miles of this view.


.          .          .



Always exciting also is Spring decorating.
We've added a few Springy touches around the house.
I like to decorate our mantel and fireplace area most of all because there is a lot
of room to put pretty things that dress it up for the season. 
With the help of some eggs I collect, some of my Mama's things like her lovely lace
runner, old books and gardening books, pretty silk Hydrangeas and other flowers,
 a lovely old watering can she painted, and more, we made an evening of it the other
 day and pulled things out to decorate and add some Spring joy.












I love decorating with such bright things and colors.  Flowers are so delightful to
decorate with.  And I love the bunnies, too.  In my room, I keep some eggs with 
bunnies on them on my shelf, as well as these sweet bunnies a wonderful friend sent me last year.
Whether in my room or out and around the house, all these things
make my heart smile each time I walk by and simply get me more in the mood for
the new season.  As if I needed help with that, hehe.


I'm so excited it is Spring.
The only thing I'm looking forward to as much as the beauty of Spring
being here is the fresh fruits and desserts I can't wait for... carrot cake, anyone? :)



I hope you have a wonderful Spring season!
Have a blessed day!



5 comments:

  1. You are the sweetest, my friend!
    Your south is indeed beautiful in the springtime!!!
    And thank you for sharing it with us.
    I agree. Different parts of our country do indeed shine during different seasons.
    And I was thinking as I read this that here in the northeast, our turn is autumn.
    And then you wrote that very thing!!!!!
    Your home is decorated lovely this spring!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Billie Jo, you are the sweetest :) Your photos are lovely, my friend, and your mantel is just too sweet fro Spring - I love it!

    I think Colorado missed the memo that it's supposed to be Spring since we are getting snow right now! Although it makes for perfect baking weather and that is just what I have been doing. I made some snickerdoodle bars that I am eager to try.

    Thinking of you, dear friend. Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, your blog looks beautiful and so fresh :) Lovely just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you have inspired me for some Spring decorating ...

    Blessings to you sweet Jazzmin, may you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very ready for spring and the cool breezes and blue skies that come with it! :) Love your cheery spring decor! :)

    God bless,
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...