Friday, April 4, 2014

Faithful Friday: Compromise

{source}
This says so much.  The relationship we have with the Lord is not as strong as it could be each time we make a compromise in our faith.  I am certainly not anywhere close to perfect and I know that, whether it's allowing yourself to be around people you know deep down you should not be around, or even giving in to anger or being rude to someone because they are rude to you.  Compromises in our faith are made each time we give in or do something we know does not accord with God- sometimes we can talk ourselves into thinking it is okay, but in our heart we know the truth.
Compromises are different for everyone according to what we struggle with, and everyone struggles.  I think it's a wonderful thing to get help in avoiding even thinking about compromising by praying and asking the Lord to give us strength to be true to Him over anything else!  

I love the reminder of this, because I know that each time I overcome a struggle or temptation to compromise- in whatever it may be- I am showing God that my relationship with Him is the core of my life, and that I made the choice to please Him.  Afterall, how unimportant and small any temptation is compared to a beautiful relationship with our Savior!  Compromising is hurting God and why would we want to be a part of that?


Growing up, I have always been told that one of the most wonderful ways to keep our relationship with our God strong and first in our lives is to hate what He hates and love what He loves.  I have grown in this and am so thankful to have the knowledge to make it my goal to live by this, because no compromise comes anywhere close to the sweetness of knowing Jesus.



Blessings to you!!


Wishing y'all a joyful weekend!



.           .           .


Visit the host of Faithful Fridays, Joy, at her blog doodlebug!  You can read her beautiful and inspirational posts, here

.


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that quote is GOOD! Definitely writing that one down and keeping it where I see it all the time!

    I am always so encouraged, challenged, and blessed by your posts, Jazzmin. May the Lord continue to use you in a mighty way :)

    I wanted to thank you, my sweet friend, for your precious words on my blog today - Your love and kindness reached out across the miles and I'm so thankful for your encouragement. Also, I find it very interesting that the dried flowers in my pictures reminded you of your Grandma because those flowers I used were from my Grandma Betty's memorial service. I was allowed to take a few and I dried them :) Another little thing we have in common.

    May you have a beautiful week, friend! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Jazzmin,
    What a tremendous truth in your post, thank you for sharing it with us.
    I have finally made it over to visit you and I have enjoyed myself. I must come back and follow you as my phone does not allow me that privilege.
    Thank you for coming by and leaving a beautiful comment on my new blog, you blessed my heart. :-)
    Having a blog is all new to me and I am praising the Lord for His goodness in directing me down this path.
    My desire is that He would be glorified in all that is said and seen there.
    I look forward to getting to know you better.
    Joy! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear Jazzmin,
    What a tremendous truth in your post, thank you for sharing it with us.
    I have finally made it over to visit you and I have enjoyed myself. I must come back and follow you as my phone does not allow me that privilege.
    Thank you for coming by and leaving a beautiful comment on my new blog, you blessed my heart. :-)
    Having a blog is all new to me and I am praising the Lord for His goodness in directing me down this path.
    My desire is that He would be glorified in all that is said and seen there.
    I look forward to getting to know you better.
    Joy! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so taken by your sweet thoughts! And oh, how lovely to live in the South! Always a secret longing of mine.:)
    Blessings!
    ~hannah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...