Saturday, April 19, 2014

Faithful Friday: Even The Savior Came to Serve!

{photo}
This time of the year, it seems like the precious ransom of our Savior Christ Jesus is perhaps more so on everyone's mind.  It is a special blessing to reflect on what He did for us... the immense sacrifice that Jesus and God made for each and every one of us.  I think thankful feels like an empty word to me or a word that does not explain nearly how I feel when I think of Jesus dying for our sins.  It is the most important event that has ever happened in the history of the universe and when I ponder over it or give thanks for that in prayer, I know I could never be thankful enough.  I feel so amazingly joyful when I think about Jesus' incredible sacrifice.  My heart feels so warm and at peace to feel the love of a God who cares so much about you and me that He would send His only son on behalf of our sins.  I love to sing "Amazing Grace" in my head sometimes and just bask in the beauty of that and how unbelievably wonderful it is.  It is my favorite thing to think about.  It is THE most perfect form of love... His love for us that overcame everything.

I am so grateful God saw the lives of each of us, as sinful as we may be, as worth so much that He would do that for us.

Aside from gratefulness, I also LOVE reading verses about Jesus and His time on the earth because of what they can teach me in my walk with the Lord.  The above one is one of my favorites.  Jesus, the Son of God, came to earth "NOT to be served, but to SERVE".  That is so powerful to take in.  I think about this and realize how many opportunities I have to serve others that I have not taken before- even in the smallest of ways.  But how amazing to think that even my precious Savior who is King came to earth to serve others!  He did not want special treatment, he wanted to treat others with love and see what HE could do for them.
What King that you know of would ever live that way?  I would think none.
This really wakes me up and puts all the more purpose in my heart to serve others and follow the example of Christ.  You always hear conversations about what it means to be Christ-like.  I believe this verse, to me, is one of the best examples we can find of how to do that.... serve others!  This has been working in my heart and I hope to grow in this area of my faith as I try to be more like Jesus.  There should be no reason why I can't serve others; our Savior Himself died for us!  That is the greatest act of service there could ever be.




God Bless you!

Have a wonderful weekend :)


.           .          .


Faithful Fridays are hosted by Joy on her lovely blog, Doodlebug!  You can visit her and read her faith-inspiring posts, here.

4 comments:

  1. Jazzmin,

    Such a beautiful post! As I read it, I thought of the scriptures from John I read the other day. How Jesus served the disciples and washed their feet. It is a beautiful truth to think on.

    May you and your family have a truly blessed Resurrection Sunday!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Jazzmin,
    Your post is just beautiful, and much to ponder on.
    We are to be like Christ, and serving others is such a reflection of Christ living in us. To wash the feet of others its quite humbling, but what an honor to our precious Lord and Savior.
    I say that I guess because working with Hospice and Home Care, it is done quite often. Many have a hard time doing it.
    I'm on my phone again, but I must come and follow you. Have to do it through the computer.
    Blessings my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much. Our pastor has been teaching on Mark, and before every message, we would all read that verse, over and over every Sunday. It's really sunk in with me now, and I love it so much. Especially what you said--what other king would ever come to serve others, the most low and poor and dirty people, and those who were hypocritical and dishonest? But our King did. He's one amazing King!

    Thanks for sharing this, Jazzmin! :)

    God bless you and have a great week,
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jazzmin dear, your words, " He did not want special treatment, he wanted to treat others with love and see what HE could do for them.", gives me much food for thought. He was always serving with a quiet and gentle spirit. May He find us faithful in doing the same when He returns for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...