Friday, April 11, 2014

Faithful Friday: "For The One Who Is Tired"


Is this not beautiful?!  Being tired is something each and every one of us can related to.
Whether we are tired of something or tired from something, we are all tired in some way.
Parts of our day we face may make us joyful, while other parts may be worrisome or may
 feel like a heavy load on us as we try to make it through.
But I am thankful for the sweet encouragement of this... 
reminding me that God never asks too much 
from me.  

In my walk with the Lord, I find myself asking Him for strength all the time because I 
am tired.  Being tired can be from feeling tired out from work or school or being sick
 and needing strength, or being mentally drained and needing a break.
But when we are feeling not only like we need a break, but that we ourselves are 
about to break, we should bring to mind the truth that God asks us to be still and that's all.
Sometimes I forget that the Lord doesn't ask that we be strong.  He asks us to rest awhile while He
takes care of things and rejuvenates us.  How comforting that He invites us to
take a rest in his peace and loving embrace.  Nothing better exists to make us feel complete again.

So when you are tired, let God be the rain that fills your empty cup.



Blessings to you!

Happy Friday & may you have a wonderful weekend!



.             .            .


Faithful Fridays are hosted by my friend Joy on her lovely blog, Doodlebug.  You can visit her, here!


6 comments:

  1. Jazzmin, you are wise beyond your years...
    This is beautiful...and so comforting!
    Thank you for sharing...
    Have a cozy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sweet Miss Jazzmin...
    I'm sure you didn't know this...but you were writing this post just for me. Such gracious words of wisdom...just when I needed to hear them. Thank you, dearheart.
    Hugs,
    Mrs. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my friend, this is simply beautiful! I agree with Billie Jo, you are wise beyond your years. Sometimes it seems like we as believers often tell others, "Just be strong in the Lord and you'll make it through," but you know what, there are times we ARE tired and it's more comforting to know we can rest in Jesus and that He understands our weight.

    Thank you so much for this, dear friend. This is one post I will not soon forget. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was a joy to read. As I did, I was thinking how wise you are, and I see I'm not the only one. :) Your an encouragement - so that I've told my girls about you as they struggle to find other likeminded people that love the Lord. I hope that you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Jazzmin, I love your line: "So when you are tired, let God be the rain that fills your empty cup." Awesome!

    "Be Still" crops up a lot in my various readings. I believe God means me to see those words.

    I'm late visiting this week, so I will wish you a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my most favorite verses. Sometimes when life gets entirely too hectic and I feel as if I am in a 'tizzy" basically spinning my wheels, the Holy Spirit brings this verse to mind and heart. "be still"...and everything is calm again. The tasks are still at hand, but because of my "being still" and my thoughts being of Him it completely changes my heart attitude about the spirit wherewith I continue on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...