Saturday, May 17, 2014

Faithful Friday: Testimony

(photo)
Sharing my faith is something that I have been encouraged to do from the time I was little.  It wasn't until I got a little older, though, that I really started to think about not just sharing about faith but about how that faith came about- testimony.
This is something I have been thinking a lot about, and the main reason for that is because I know how strengthened and encouraged I have been- so much!- especially in just the past few years by hearing the testimonies of faith that others have expressed.  Testimonies are so powerful and such a blessing to hear because they show the incredible power of God to save those who may have seemed like they were headed anywhere but to a good life.  And while my heart smiles at the testimonies of those around me, it is neat to think about the testimonies we are shown through scriptures also, like that of Paul!

I have heard of testimonials of people who committed awful crimes, were in prison, and had someone come to the prison to share about the Lord and their lives were turned around forever by the promise and hope they found.  But a testimony can be equally moving when shared by someone who has had God in their lives all through their childhood and had something happen where they realized they were not truly connected with God.  Any testimony is an encouraging one and I'm so thankful for the ones I hear and read about.  They make my heart so thankful for salvation through Jesus and my my heart fall on it's knees so to speak, awe-inspired by God's love.

.          .          .

Sometimes I know I have thought, especially when I was very shy, that something I had to share about my faith was maybe not what someone else wanted to hear.  But I began to realize how important it is that as people who are blessed to have a relationship with God, we should not hide that away in our hearts or be shy or afraid to talk about it to people just because we feel like we might be ridiculed.

How amazing to realize this... A testimony of our faith that we share with someone might be the difference between them living a life of sadness and a life of hope and joy!  God can use you to change someone's life through your testimony.  We may run across people who are so distraught over a loss or over something awful that happened to them.  Or maybe they have sinned in some way that they feel they cannot be forgiven for.  Hearing your testimony or even sharing the testimony of someone you know change their world and give them a new hope, showing them that with God, nothing is impossible.  Nothing.

This is so wonderful to think about.  It is something I am feeling working in my thoughts as I ponder how important it is to share our testimonies and our love for God and His love for us with others.  I'm encouraged by this reminder that we should never think the roots of our faith are not worth sharing, because if they could bring someone new life, they surely are.



Blessings and a beautiful Spring weekend to you!


.          .          .


Faithful Fridays are hosted by my Joy on her lovely blog, Doodlebug, where you can read her inspiring posts.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my sweet Jazzmin, your post was lovely! I love the way you shared with us about presenting our testimonies to others. It makes me think about how each one of us have a different testimony and how the Lord uses our stories in other's lives to help with what they're going through.

    First of all, what a blessing to be able to share our salvation testimonies with those we come in contact with and then to also have testimonies of what we each go through in life. There might be something we go through that we question God about and then years down the road the Lord will use what we went through to help someone else :) Isn't God great?!

    I hope you are doing well and may your week be blessed. Love to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazzmin, thank you for sharing this heartfelt post with us! It is always an encouragement to me to have someone share their testimony with me...and am always thankful to the Lord when He opens the door for me to be able to share mine...not only of salvation, but also of how He has "grown me up" in different situations.

    Hope you are winding down your school year and that you are doing well.

    Hugs,
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...