Friday, June 27, 2014

Faithful Friday: Dirty Dishes

(source)
One of my greatest and most fervent prayers is that God would comfort and provide for those who don't have enough to eat or having nothing to eat at all.  I can only imagine the way those families feel, the way children who have to grow up without enough to eat must feel.  Being fed and having a full tummy before bed is part of what makes your childhood whole, part of what makes you feel comforted and gives you a sense of home.  Some people don't have that, though.

This may be on my heart and my mind often as I think of those struggling to find and buy enough food for their families, but seeing these words above recently awakened me to something that may appear to not have much meaning on the surface: I complain about doing dishes.  That may not seem monumental, but to me it is now that I really think about.  I've always been sensitive to trying to not be picky about what I eat, because I always grew up being told that a child somewhere who has nothing to eat would be so thankful for that food... but a less obvious thing is how complaining about dishes relates to this.  That just isn't something you think about as quickly.  This is specific, but it really hit home for me upon reading it.  I am so thankful for this reminder!   I needed to read this.  Even if it is just complaining in my mind or having a spirit of that in my heart, this is wrong.  When there is a pile of dishes and it is my turn to do them, I want this renewed spirit of thankfulness to be inside me instead- an attitude of thankfulness for all these dirty dishes!  Dirty dishes are something to rejoice over, for the fact that there was more than enough food to dirty them in the first place.  Because dirty dishes mean being fed and being full, a great blessing that should never, ever be taken for granted.

I pray that all those who are going to bed hungry at night and sweet children who's parents can't feed them like they should be able to, soon have dirty dishes, too.  

In the grand scheme of things, this is a lesson to me that I am grateful for, encouraging me to think of my attitude and have one that is slow to complain or be negative- especially about something God wants me to see for the blessing it actually is!



Happy weekend, friends :)

Blessings!


.          .          .


Faithful Fridays are a linky party hosted by Joy on her lovely and encouraging blog, Doodlebug.  you can visit her here.



4 comments:

  1. Good Morning and happy weekend. This is an excellent reminder. The thrift store that I frequent has a pail for loose change. They have a program where they can provide a hot meal to the hungry for a cost of $2.67. At Christmas, rather than give gifts, we donate a sum to them. I think of how welcome those meals are to those who are less fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so good, Jazzmin. Love this! I've been doing a lot of thinking and looking at my own life and realizing just how important thankfulness is, in every situation. One thing that got me to thinking was the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. It's such a great book; I think you'd love it! :)

    God bless and thank you for participating in Faithful Fridays! :)

    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same sign growing up in our kitchen when I was younger (it was printed on a vintage plate). It also prompted a similar post such as this... We are spoiled with our dirty dishes. My grandfather tells stories of him growing up with little food and it breaks my heart. Hunger is real...

    P.S. Your blog is darling... I will have to take a look around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I awarded you on my blog, Jazzmin! Come check it out.:)
    Blessings,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...