Sunday, June 15, 2014

First Hero, First Love.

(source)
You may have heard that sweet quote:  "A Daddy is his son's first hero and his daughter's
 first love".  How true that is for those fathers who are wonderful and such blessings
 to their families, the fathers who know that their absolute most important job is to raise
 and  love their children.  As I read through quotes about fathers before writing this today, 
I found  so many that made my  heart feel the squeeze of emotion that, especially as girls,
 only  thoughts of our relationship with our fathers can bring.
 There is something indescribably special and unique about fathers and their love for their
 children... it is like a different and special form of protectiveness there is, 
wrapped up in undying love.

I'm eternally thankful for my Daddy.  I've been blessed to have that kind of father that isn't afraid to let his emotions show every once in awhile.  The best fathers who do the simple things like play games with you, take you to play baseball on a summer day, take you shopping, go get sno cones, and have talks about life are nothing less than gifts.  I have cards from over the years as I've grown up that I pull out sometimes and read because they are priceless to me; the words in them mean more to me than anything because I will have them forever and they show the depth of love that my Daddy has for me, 
while reminding me of those simple joys we have had together and the memories that
 resulted from them.

(source)

I think there is so much emotion that comes from thinking about the relationship we have with our fathers, as daughters. It is beautiful in a way that is hard to put into words.  From being the first person to hold us, to being the protector and strength for us growing up, the teacher of unforgettable life lessons, to watching out for us and encouraging us to be pure, responsible, and smart about our decisions as we grow, and finally even walking us down the aisle and letting us go.  At weddings, who do you always see crying the most?  The father.  And all of the years leading up to that, as I see in my own life, are moments that seem to try to soak in every bit of us being little girls in case that day comes... 
but we will always be their little girls no matter what.

From the moment they hold us in their arms for the first time, they are never the same.  Their hearts grow so full.  As I grow up, I see that as you get older and watch your Daddy, admire him, and make memories with him, your heart grows fuller, too.  I thank the Lord for the one he gave me, and savor the moments we spend together... back when I was 15, I felt like he would be around for me forever, but as I get older I think I realize more that parents aren't invincible.  I realize that every moment is precious and should not be taken for granted.  I also think it is so important to not take our Dads for granted because there are so many people who never have a father in their life... but fortunately, most people
 I know that don't, have an amazing mother who takes up for that or 
another wonderful father figure.
May we savor every laugh, every hug that we all know makes everything right while we 
are in their arms, and every memory we are making now!

If there is one thing I thank my Daddy for most, it would be his investment
 in my life- not just  playing with me and taking me out to do things together all
 these years,  but investing in me as a person and as his only daughter.  
From the days of me sitting on his lap, us sharing cotton candy at baseball games,
 to my graduation day and now, he has never stopped that.  I am forever thankful for
the Daddy I was blessed with, the most important man in my life.
(...Who I'm excited to go frost a big cake for right now!)



Thank you, Lord, for Daddies & Daddy figures , the irreplaceable blessings in our lives♥


"A Dad is someone who holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules, shines with pride
when you succeed, and has faith in you
even when you fail".

"I have an angel watching over me.
I call him Daddy".

"A Daddy is someone who keeps pictures in his
wallet where his money used to be".

"There is no feeling like the sweetness of being the light
of your Daddy's world, the piece of his life that makes him complete... and I am convinced that no amount of years that
can ever change that".

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your daddy, Jazzmin! I do hope he gets to read this! You are wise beyond your years, my friend. Reading this made me think of my dad and how close we were. I was the first born of three, and the only girl, so I was definitely my daddy's girl. :) Continue to enjoy and appreciate your dad, Jazzmin dear, because we aren't promised tomorrow. My dad went to be with the Lord in his early 50's as a result of a brain tumor. I was in my 30's. Father's Day is bittersweet for me. Make every day count that you have with your dad, my sweet friend.

    Dianna,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious post, my friend :) Daddy's are so special and a wonderful gift from our Lord - I don't know where I would be without my Daddykin's.

    I agree with Dianna, you are wise beyond your years and I always appreciate your words of wisdom and encouragement.

    Blessings to you, my friend. I think of you often and lift you up in prayer. Enjoy your week!

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...