Monday, July 14, 2014

A Walk in the Garden

Hi, Everyone :)

I hope you are having a great start to your week!
I missed writing for Faithful Friday last week because I was on vacation,
so it feels like it has been a little while since I have written a post.
I am SO thankful that I got to go on a trip with my family to the beach.
It was so much fun to get away and just to completely relax.
I love Summertime traveling.

Speaking of Summer, one place I am finding myself often lately
is out in the garden.  Our back porch and patio, as well as our actual garden,
have been fun to spend time in with a cool drink or walking
around checking on our roses, flowers, and vegetables and fruits we are growing.

It is officially sweltering here in the South, so the Spring/Summer garden is on it's
way to being finished, but we have a few things still growing.
We have gotten a good crop of tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, green beans, peas,
and what I am most excited for- they're almost ready!- are the cantaloupes.
Although we have a designated area squared off for those,
there are different plants and flowers everywhere, so everywhere out back feels
like a garden.
Last month, I went outside and just walked around seeing what things I found
interesting to capture with my camera.  It's neat to just observe
the things around you, whether it's ants busy at work, a rosebud you
find that has one petal a different color from the rest from being sun-bleached,
 or rainbows made by your water hose.






This wild, but very sweet, kitty loves to visit and relax in our garden :)






Wishing you a wonderful week!
Hope you are enjoying Summer and staying cool!


4 comments:

  1. You've got some gorgeous petunias, I see!

    Sweltering ... that is a very descriptive word for the last few days. However, in my part of the world, it feels great today!

    Enjoy your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a wild gray cat with green eyes in my garden too! I used to have another one, a boy, who I named Garden! lol I'm not sure what part of the south you are in but here in alabama I caught my feral cat with a cat trap, some organizations have them, and got her spayed, then they ear tip them and you can re-release them. I had to because my feral cat had three babies n didn't want her having more. It was only $35.00 for the spay and rabies vaccine ( a lot of spay clinics have special rates for feral cats) it really is so good to do to help the over population! Then when you see one with a tipped ear you know it's fixed. Happy southern living!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening, my sweet, precious friend! The walk in your garden was an absolute delight and I LOVED the photo of the ants - it made me smile :)

    Everything is beautiful and lovely to look at - thank you for sharing with us.

    I hope you had a wonderful vacation, dear one. Enjoy the remainder of your week. Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water photos were really fun, the photo of the ants is fantastic. I need to get out of the kitchen and photograph some of natures beauty.

    Have The Best Day Ever!
    Aim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...