Thursday, August 21, 2014

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #10

Happy almost Friday! :)

Today I am joining Ms. Patrice and Wendell on the Farmhouse Porch for a chat!  It's always a privilege to get to join the chat when I get the chance.


Here are the questions for today...

QUESTIONS:
1.  What are you most looking forward to in the remaining months of 2014?
It is so unreal to me that it is even time to start thinking about 2014 only having a few months left.  It was just January!   In the remaining months of this year (which I hope will not go by too fast) I am looking forward to so much... sewing projects, hopefully planting a Fall garden, getting deeper into my studies both in school and things I love to study on my own, writing projects, Fall decorating, spending time with my family during Thanksgiving break, seeing friends and family I am missing, chillier weather, taking a little road trip, and Winter being here!
(source)
2.  Tell us about the last movie you saw, or book you read.
The last movie I watched was RV, with Robin Williams.  I was so sad to hear of his passing and I really couldn't believe it.  When I was little, I watched the movie, Mrs. Doubtfire,  all the time.  From then on, I thought he was such a wonderful actor, so talented and genuine.  But more than that he had a quality about him that made him seem like he was a truly decent, good-hearted person.  I'll always remember seeing him smiling and being so loving and caring with the children in his work with St. Jude's.  His love for them and for others in general was beautiful to see and inspirational.  I know you can never fully know what someone is like if you don't know them personally, but he had a kindness in his eyes and a tenderness in his heart.

3.  Do you ever make smoothies or juice?
I love making smoothies.  They are so refreshing, especially now in the 104 degree heat.  My body feels so clean and healthy when I drink smoothies and they are fun to make because you control what goes into them and their flavor.  I would really like to make juices also and have been wanting to get a juicer.
(source)
4.  Who do you wish you could talk to right now?
Everyone I've lost in death.  I miss them and I think often of how much I'd like to have them here again to talk to and laugh with again, just to hear their voice, share my heart and my dreams with them.  I miss the conversations we would have had and the things I would have gotten to know about them if they were still here.

5.  Please finish this sentence:  "If I could spend a week in a lovely cabin in the mountains, I would like to
                   "?
...spend as little time as possible inside the cabin.  I would want to go out and hike and lay out under the stars with the towering pines overhead and write or just stare at the skies.  I would go adventuring to find a waterfall and sit by it and just listen or a creek to hang my feet in.  On our trip to Colorado that we just returned from, I felt so blessed to find a couple of glorious waterfalls on our hikes and get to do just that, and I wish I were there again.  That feeling is like nothing else.
(source)


I'm so glad to get to spend some time on the porch today.
You can head on over and visit Ms. Patrice and Wendell here at Everyday Ruralty!



Have a blessed day and weekend ahead!


4 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    I enjoyed reading through your thoughts today!
    I too am looking forward to fall...
    Although our temperatures have been fall-like all summer. : )
    Have a cozy evening, my dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today promises to be the hottest all week, I haven't turned the air conditioner on so early the whole summer. I look forward to fall and hope cooler weather prevails soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend! You have been on my heart the last few days - how are you doing? How I ray you are healing and finding comfort in Jesus.

    I enjoyed your post and smiled when I read you watched Mrs. Doubtfire when you were younger, so did I. It always made me laugh :)

    As for a cabin in the woods, that's what I lived in for 13 years of my life. I'm glad my parents still live there because it's always a joy visiting them in their cabin which is nestled in the mountains by a beautiful creek.

    It's raining here today so it's the perfect day to stay inside....crafting, reading, and drinking coffee :) Hugs and love to you, dear Jazzmin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about desiring to speak to our loved ones that have gone on ahead of us. There's so much that I'd like to ask my grandparents this week that I'm about to pop! But, they are on the other side, in Heaven, and all of the answers are with them.

    I was saddened at the loss of Robin Williams, too. He is one actor that connected my childhood to the childhoods of my children. I first met him as Mork, from the Mork and Mindy sitcom. My children had him in Aladdin and several other movies. One of the most touching and sad movies that I've ever seen with Robin Williams was Jakob the Liar. The most intriguing was The Final Cut. I'm definitely going to miss his laughter.

    Your thoughts on a cabin vacation sound so peaceful. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...