Saturday, August 23, 2014

Faithful Friday: Angels

(source)
Lately, I have been blessed to have angels on my mind.  I have had them on my heart as I have meditated on their roles within scripture and God's purposes for them.  In particular, I have been amazed to ponder over their connections to us here on Earth.
I have been reminded recently of the passage at Psalms 91.  This has got to be one of my favorite chapters of the entire bible...

Psalm 91

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
    and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
    and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,

    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
    you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.
(Shared from: Bible Gateway)


...Angels have always been a part of my spirituality and I grew up being reminded of how God allows them to be a part of our lives.  As humans, we may not be able to see angels or know what they look like, but it is incredible, comforting, and just a wonderful feeling to know that God would care about us and love each of us as his creations so much that he commands his heavenly angels to guard us and watch over us.

I write about this today because this bible passage is one I had not thought of in awhile and when I finally did again, I was so thankful I had come across it.  My heart bursts with joy just to think about this verse, verse 11, especially.

The Lord's love for us inspires strength and is comforting in ways there are no words for... his display of caring and tending to us as His children is shown in countless ways and one of those is through His arrangement with the angels.  I am always amazed to think of the purposes behind God's ways, to think that while He and Jesus are more than enough, he allowed even more amazing heavenly beings to be a part of heaven... and that they have so special a purpose.

In another verse in Luke, we are told of how the angels care for our spiritual well being as well.  What a blessing to our walk in faith to know that not only God and Jesus, but also the angels, care for us and rejoice over our repentance and watching us serve the Lord!
"In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." Luke 15:10.



How beautiful to know that as you go about your day each day of your life, you can feel calm despite your hardships just knowing that God has commanded an angel to guard your ways and lift you up!  


Are you amazed by this verse, too?  What are your thoughts on angels?


Blessings to you!
Have a lovely weekend ♥

4 comments:

  1. Love the verse! Psalm 91 is one of my all time favorites that I have memorized. I recite it or Psalm 23 to myself whenever I have a hard time sleeping, and it really helps me! It is so comforting to know that the Lord sends his angels to watch over us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful post, Jazzmin! I know I have said this before, but you write so beautifully and what you shared on angels was just lovely - thank you, dearest friend. And the Scripture you used greatly blessed my heart!

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an encouraging post Jazzmin! Psalm 91 is one of my favorite passages of scripture. My mom reads and prays this verse for her entire family each morning. It truly is a comfort to know that God has angels assigned to each of us, and even more special when you see the supernatural protection in you life!

    May you have a blessed weekend!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fully believe in the power and protection of angels.

    In 1989, when Hurricane Hugo was pounding South Carolina, my husband had a paper route. He took our then 3-year old son with him so that I could get ready for work. Even as far inland as we were, the storms were brutal. David would throw out a newspaper, and the wind would blow it back into the car. He was exhausted and fell asleep while driving. He hit a retaining wall and an oak tree. His face, via his teeth, was stuck to the steering wheel. Jared, our son, was in the back seat in his booster seat. Also back there were the poles to which they attach newspaper delivery boxes.

    When the policemen arrived on the scene, there were lots of questions for David and for little Jared. They kept asking if he was in his booster seat and both David and Jared verified that he had been in the booster seat. The policeman walked David back to the car to show him why he kept asking about Jared's booster seat.

    Those paper poles had cut through the seat where our son had been sitting. Had he remained in his booster seat, he would have been decapitated. When questioned again about this, Jared said - and holds to this story to this day - that a light came out of the sky and undid his booster seat.

    I know that Heavenly Father sent His angel to save our son from a gruesome, untimely death. That light, I know in my heart without a doubt, was an angel. I thank Heavenly Father for that angel!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...