Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sunflowers... (Blog Award & Nominations)


... I cannot think of many flowers, let alone things in general, that are so bursting with the feel of Summer at their very mention.  So, what better award to be nominated for in the Summer? :)
My sweet new blogging friend, Hannah, at "Bits of Simplicity" was so kind to nominate me for the Sunflower Blogger award recently.  Thank you, Hannah!  It has taken me awhile to get to writing this, but I knew this would be the first post I wanted to do when I returned from my trip.  So now that I am home I am happy to get to write it.  Not only am I grateful that she nominated me for this award, but that I have the pleasure of knowing her through her blog that I may be inspired and encouraged by her thoughts.  She has the most beautiful, old-world, lovely writing style, painting scenes of her life and the things she shares with such captivating delight.  She is also genuinely sweet.  I hope you will make a visit to her blog.


As part of this award, I am to answer the ten questions that Hannah created for her nominees.  Here they are:

1.  What is your favorite Christian song?  What does it mean to you?
There are so many worship songs I have grown up with in churchand also many Christian songs that I hear on the radio or elsewhere.  It is tough to think of just one.  I would have to say, though, that although I really know nothing about the artist, there is a song that has lyrics that speak to my heart in such a comforting way.  The song is called "Show Me What I''m Looking For".  I'm not even sure that is a Christian song, but the words and the feeling it conveys is so beautiful and gives me a feeling of being led by God even when I am lost.  So in my heart, as long as I have known about that song and from the moment I first heard it, it has felt like a worship/Christian song to me and I have never looked back because of what it makes me feel.

2.  Pretend you are writing a fictitious story about a courageous and valiant heroine who sacrifices her life for her family.  What would you name her?
I love it, a writing question!  I would name her... Claire Gallagher.  I just chose something Irish because I would probably make the character from Ireland.  I've always wanted to write a book set on the Emerald Isle.

3.  If you could live in any period of history for one year,  which would you choose?
I would probably ask to leave after five minutes because of the combination of heavy dresses and no air condition, but I would love to see the Antebellum South, the grandeur of the homes in all their glory.  It would be so amazing to see the land then and the architecture as it was, instead of just restored as most of the homes and buildings appear now.  The balls at those homes and the fashion then, especially the Southern Belle dresses, would all be so neat to see.

4.  If you could play one, which would it be?  Baroque-style cello or Appalachian-style mandolin?
I have not heard the sound of a mandolin in a while and have not had experience playing either, but I believe I remember the mandolin being an instrument with a very striking, beautiful sound.  I think I would choose the mandolin, also for the fact that I'm used to playing a smaller instrument so I might find that easier.

5.  If you could master any accent, what would it be?
I love Irish accents.  Recently, though, I have been wishing for some reason that I could speak with an Australia accent.  It has such an interesting quality about it that I think makes it pleasurable to hear.  It seems like kind of a soothing accent to hear.

6.  Courtship or dating?
Courtship, or "dating with a purpose" as some call it.  I actually wrote a whole post about courtship and purity, here.

7.  Espresso or pink lemonade?
Pink lemonade!  Lemonade of any kind is a staple of your childhood here, especially this time of year. However, if the choice was instead hot chocolate or pink lemonade, I think it would be a lot harder to decide ;)

8.  Would you describe yourself as dreamy and idealistic, or practical and down-to-earth?
I think I am a good mix of both.  I am always dreaming.  My faith and my dreams and my faith IN my dreams are what keep me encouraged and going, but I am also practical in that I am aware of reality and I am very down-to-earth.  I find a nice balance, though, between being in reality and dreaming.  I think I am dreamy more often because you have to be.  Within my dreaminess, I believe I am less idealistic.  Dreams, to me, are meant to be less about perfection and more about passion for your future.

9.  Give the choice, which country would you visit on a two-week mission trip?
A few places I can think of are the Dominican Republic, somewhere in South America, like Chile (I hear there are a great deal of orphanage ministries there), or Spain.  I recently went on a trip to see one of the Spanish missions that was set up here in the 1700's to bring Christ to those who did not know Him.  It was amazing to see and made me think how interesting it would be to go to the country where the founders came from. 

10.  What scripture verse means the most to you?
Right now, the verse at Isaiah 41:10 has very special meaning for me as I pray for a loved one: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand".


.           .            .


Thank you again, Hannah, for allowing me to be one of the girls you nominated, and for making such interesting and fun to answer questions!

Now for the rest of what is included in being nominated: The blogger awarded should nominate six other bloggers who have less than 200 followers, but I'm going to tweak that rule, because I can't just choose six! The second thing is to create 10 new questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.

The inspiring, lovely bloggers I nominate are:
Grace at His Daughter
Joy at Doodlebug
Ty at Life of Ty
Jerralea at Jerralea's Journey


Here are my 10 questions...
1.  What is your passion in life or your most favorite hobby that you are passionate about?
2.  What is your favorite bible verse that most strengthens you?
3.  Where in the world would you like to travel to for your next vacation?
4.  What about blogging do you most enjoy?
5.  Your favorite style of music?
6.  Do you know what your name means?  
7.  What type of landscape do you find most beautiful: mountains, prairies, canyons, beaches, etc.?
8.  What is something nostalgic to you about your childhood that you cherish in your memories?
9.  Which season is your favorite?
10.  If you could be a prodigy at something, what would you want it to be?



On another note, I wanted to say how much it meant to me to get to read the comments many of you left on my post about our trip, wishing my family and I a great and safe trip.  Thank you!   It was an amazing vacation, and I can't wait to share photos with you as soon as I get a chance.


Be blessed!

Have a wonderful day!



7 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzmin,

    So enjoyed reading your answers! Isaiah 41:10 is a wonderful verse! So very encouraging.

    Thank you for nominating me. : ) I will try to post my answers soon.

    May you have a blessed day!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post, my friend :) I love the name you chose for a heroine - it's simply perfect for your idea and I'll be waiting for your book to be published! haha :) I think you would make a marvelous writer.

    Isaiah 41:10 is certainly a precious verse. There is song written from those words and now they are floating around in my mind (which is a good thing). Thank you for encouraging me this afternoon :)

    Welcome home, sweet Jazzmin! I hope you are enjoying your week and may you have a blessed evening. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this post very much. I hope that you had a wonderful vacation. Wishing you a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your answers! Claire Gallagher is a great name that stirs the imagination...wish I could meet her! The Antebellum South would be neat to see...and I think you made a good choice on the mandolin! My sister plays it, and it is a beautiful instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your answers, Jasmine! So interesting, and I love the name Claire Gallagher too; it sounds like a heroine.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Glad to hear from you --after a wonderful trip I'm sure. Hope you have LOTS of photos to share. Where all did you go out west. Yellowstone is my favorite place so far out there --but there's much we haven't seen yet...

    Loved your answers --and Hannah's blog sounds great... About your questions, I'll just pick out a few to answer:
    -I love the personal relationship I have with my blog friends --and love to meet them personally.
    - I am passionate about staying healthy and eating RIGHT.
    - I hope to visit Alaska and Hawaii someday.
    -I love mountains BEST ---but also love the beach.
    -My favorite season is FALL --then Spring--then Winter --and the one I do not care for as much, Summer.... BUT--I love living somewhere where we do experience all four seasons.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun. I enjoyed reading your answers.
    I sent you an email to your gmail. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...