Saturday, September 6, 2014

Faithful Friday: Pleasing the Lord

(source)
What infinite wisdom is found in this quote!  I read this recently and it made me so thankful that God has developed in my heart over the course of my life so far just just how vital to my walk with Him it is that I work to please Him before anyone, to do what is right.  That last sentence, "We live to please the Lord and not people", hit me as something I have come to realize it is so easy to struggle with.  It is not that I don't want to please God, because that is always my prayer that I would live to do that.
But my stumbling block is that sometimes I find it hard to let others down, even when I know that what that involves is not the best decision I could make.  As a young person in school and around peers, I feel like it can be especially challenging to disagree with others around you or have to let them down or not do something that everyone else is doing- even something very seemingly innocent- because you want to be included and you want to be kind and peaceable.  I went through those moments and still do.
Even in a conversation, sometimes I will come away from speaking with someone and then ponder over what was said later in the day, when I find myself thinking that something I agreed with them on or something I did or expressed to make them feel comfortable very well did not align with what God has placed on my heart.

It can have more impact on your faith than you may think to give into letting go of your convictions and your resolve to please God first, even if only for a second or in one sentence you speak.  It is not a good feeling to think about something I said that could have gone differently had I put my desire to please God first instead of impressing someone, but on the other hand it is a warm and joyful feeling to look back on my day and know that I pleased God with what I said and did.


It has blessed my life and my heart for the Lord to ask myself in all things if my actions in them or my plans will please God first and foremost.
This is what my thoughts have been pondering recently and I am thankful for the reminder.



Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings!



4 comments:

  1. Excellent quote and good message! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, WOW! What a post, my friend! The quote from Joyce Meyer is right on and such a good reminder. Bless you, dear Jazzmin, for sharing this with us - what a nugget of gold :)

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jazzmin, this sounds so much like me--in the part where you were talking about looking over past conversations and realizing that you could've said something differently to express what God has really put on your heart, instead of just agreeing with what someone else was saying. I think we're naturally pleasers; we want to make people happy and we want to keep the peace, and that's a good thing, but we have to be careful to not let that compromise the convictions we have and how we stand on the things of God. Thank you for sharing!

    And thank you for keeping on with Faithful Fridays even though I'm not hosting the linky anymore....I love that! :) I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt--praying for your family! My aunt has recently been diagnosed with leukemia, so I think I know a little of what that's like. We'd appreciate your prayers for her as well!

    God bless and have a lovely week,
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Evening, dear Jazzmin.
    This was just lovely, with much to ponder on. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.
    I have so missed visiting you're sweet space here. My summer has been extremely busy getting ready for an estate sale for my aging parents. Many, many changes going on in their lives and I desire to honor them as their daughter and help in their many needs. This too shall pass, therefore, here am I Lord, use me how you choose.
    I was sorry to read about your Aunt.
    Much love to you and your family.
    I trust you're summer has been delightful.
    Gods blessings, dear friend.
    Joy to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...