Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Now For October Eves!"

Today was the first full day of 
the Fall season!  Happy Fall!

Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a dream, like it isn't quite
reality, because of how quickly the seasons come and go.
It is hard to imagine the Autumn leaves will be falling again soon,
if they haven't already started to in some places, and that cool days are
soon to be here in another Fall.  It feels like we were just pulling
out all of the beautiful reds and oranges and decorations to make
 our fireplace mantel and home look festive for Fall, 
and it has just arrived all over again.


To begin Fall, I take delight in perusing quotes that exude Fall
wonder and the feeling of this glorious season.  Reading them and 
looking through breathtaking Fall scenery photos
is so relaxing, to stare at God's works of art in the leaves
 and imagine I am standing in the middle of all of it.
Here are some of my favorite...




  






Ah, Fall.  Such a miraculous season full of such
incredible beauty.  The world feels so alive to me, much the way
it does come Spring, but just in a different shade, a shade of fiery oranges
and reds instead of pastels.



Thomas Kinkade is a painter I admire so very much.
This painting takes me to the feeling of what beauty is found in
a rainy, Autumn day in a quaint, cozy town of warmth and happiness. 
I hope that someday I am able to travel to the Northeast
to experience the grandeur of the Fall season there with the resplendent
colors that seem brighter and more vivid than anywhere, perhaps,
like a fairy tale scene.




I just saw this this week and had to laugh at this because it
could not be more true.
I am SO thankful Fall is here!  In the South, the humidity of Summer
 becomes heavier and hotter than ever toward the end of the season and the 
lovely Fall weather that starts to show itself is so welcome!
Surviving triple-digit day after triple-digit day plus humidity
causes a craving for cool, breezy, overcast Fall days.

I am thrilled just thinking of it, along with the coziness
I fall in love with every Autumn, the coziness I think about all year
long, of the joyful days spent inside relaxing with a cup of
hot chocolate, staring out at the leaves falling,
watching a foggy window pane as raindrops slide down
while a pumpkin candle nearby fills your home.with its scent. 

I think that is what I am looking forward to most of
all this season... the rainy days as the air becomes crisper and
the feeling of everything is refreshingly wet and chilly... and relating to 
that, I think a close second is getting to wear cozy, soft sweaters because
of the changes in the weather.  I am ready for that!
And baking warm, delicious desserts.  
How did I almost forget that!? ;)

 .           .           .


If you've read my blog for awhile, you know I can't get through a
season without mentioning or dreaming about front porches and
adding beautiful decorations to them for that season,
whether it is a wreath or flowers by the door.
These are some Fall front porches that I found that I admired
for their beauty and the warm, inviting appeal.
How special it is to celebrate the seasons God gave us with 
decoration and making our homes cheerier with their color.




Happy Fall y'all!!


I hope you have a most wonderful and blessed season!

What do you most love about this amazing season?
Are you planning to decorate your home?




Blessings♥





(All photos and images from: source)

6 comments:

  1. Jazzmin dear, I enjoyed all of your pictures and the quotes, as well. I love many of the same things about autumn as you do...the warmer clothes, sitting inside watching it rain, enjoying hot drinks more than just at breakfast time, the color that is bursting around me. Happy autumn, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you describe autumn it's hard not to love it! Beautiful collection of photographs. Autumn is a lovely season...The only thing I dislike about it is it's the harbinger of winter. The gorgeous leaves just about make up for it though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Fall. I love the pictures you have shared. I, too, love autumn. Georgia's muggy, hot summers can be LONG! We live on a dead end street and each of our neighbors are beginning to decorate for fall. I just love it! Today was our coolest morn in a long time...53 degrees!
    Hope you enjoy the upcoming weekend. What desserts will you be baking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely Jazzmin! Your photos and those beautiful quotes were so pleasant to view as I sit by our fire here in Colorado. We have had the fire going in the evenings now for a couple of weeks.
    Our colors have been beautiful due to the moisture we have been blessed with. Our aspens this year have had a gorgeous peachy red tint on their tops, quite beautiful.
    Winter has always been my favorite season, but I am growing to love Autumn more and more for much the same reasons as yourself.
    Yes,I will be decorating our home, in fact, that is tomorrows joy.
    I love baking anything pumpkin, the aroma is heavenly.
    It was nice visiting with you this evening, Jazzmin.
    Sweet blessings to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn... sweet, beautiful Autumn. The quote "Autumn is a second Spring when every leaf is a flower" by Albert Camus is so true, don't you think? And as Anne from Anne of Green Gables would say, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." :)

    Lovely post, my dear friend. I hope you are doing well - I feel like I haven't "chatted" with you in ages.

    Thinking of you, dear one. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post, Miss Jazzmin...I think that autumn is my favorite season! The colors God paints are just amazing. We are cleaning out the garden today and hanging cornstalks and bittersweet on our signpost... a sure sign of fall around here!

    Have a lovely day!
    Hugs and prayers,
    Mrs. Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...