Saturday, October 4, 2014

Faithful Friday: Paid in Full


I have been meditating on these words, inspired by the verses at both
Philippians 4:18 and John 19:30, the beautiful gift... Paid in full!

As I have been blessed to have happen so often lately in my thoughts,
I pondered these words and their meaning- THE greatest meaning of any
three words ever.
I LOVE the reminder in them...
They push me toward God and trusting in His forgiveness
more and more instead of, as it is easy for us to do, trusting in our
own thinking and feeling that our sins make us not good enough.
But focusing on this here should bring so much joy,
because these words are ones that we should take for
exactly what they say!

Our Savior did not die for us to just cover some sins...
Our "debts", our transgressions, are not paid in full only
 if we live  perfect lives.
They are not paid only half way or partly.
They are not paid for only if they are minor.

Paid in full means paid in full.
Paid for completely and eternally through the 
blessed combination of our repentance and, most of all,
God's merciful love!



How thankful our hearts should be!
It is a fact of our faith that can never be mentioned or 
thought of enough- that this is THE reason that we have
cause to rejoice, the reason for our amazing hope. 



Have a lovely weekend 
:)



2 comments:

  1. Amen! So wonderful that the Lord has done so much for us! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Paid in Full!" Amen! I am so thankful the Lord paid in full for my sins and the sins of the world. I have been purchased by His great love and I will never lose my salvation. Yes, paid in full!

    Thank you so much, my sweet friend, for this beautiful and encouraging post. I am smiling right now :) Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...