Friday, November 7, 2014

Faithful Friday: As Little Children

(source)
This Fall, I have had the privilege of getting to spend time with Kindergarteners in a school in the next town.  Their sweetness and humility is such a joy to be surrounded by and I think that is what I enjoy so much about being there.  Children's qualities in character like these should be an inspiration to the world.  This is something I was thinking about because of how much I admire their innocence and their kindness and it reminded me of how children are so cherished by God... not just because they are little children, but because they possess the heavenly qualities that are a model for the type of heart God looks for in us.
In some cultures, children are set aside and not valued because they are young and people feel that they don't have anything real to contribute to conversation.  How wrong they are- children not only contribute so much to our lives and our happiness, but they are named by the Lord himself as what he is looking for to enter His Kingdom.

This verse is amazing because of this in how God tells us that in order to be in His favor, we actually need to be like children.
What about children makes them recognized this way?.... They are not only humble, but willing to forgive, show love, be kind, help others, are compassionate, innocent, pure, and they don't have a boastful attitude.  What an incredible example we find when we look at all of these admirable parts of their character.  When we start to grow up, the world has this idea that we need to give up our sweetness and our innocence and turn hard or have a "me first" attitude to fit into the world.  But why does that have to happen?  It is certainly possible to mature while keeping all of the genuine qualities God so admires in children, who also- perhaps most importantly- have soft hearts.

This verse is something I have heard about and read often growing up, but I guess only now that I am around young children so much has it sunken in more than ever.


May we have a heart and character like that of a child, the kind God so loves.



Have a wonderful weekend!!


4 comments:

  1. Jazzmin dear, you are such a blessing in the way you present your thoughts. Reading it brought back so many memories of when I taught young children in school. I couldn't have said it any better! Hugs to you, my sweet friend. May your weekend be one of relaxing and enjoying the love of our precious Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you, my precious friend, for sharing this important message. You so gently reminded me of what is true and beautiful in the eyes of our God - thank you, dear Jazzmin.

    I love visiting you for you refresh my heart and soul. May you have a blessed Sunday! Love to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Jazzmin. You did a great job describing child like qualities we all need. It's funny that the topic of humility has been coming up so much lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Jazzmin. You did a great job describing child like qualities we all need. It's funny that the topic of humility has been coming up so much lately!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...