Monday, December 22, 2014

Canvases of the Season (Winter is Here!)

Happy first full day of Winter to you!
Yesterday evening, the season officially turned... so exciting!

Each year, I am captivated by the renewed spirit and happiness
of this season so early on that it often feels like Winter much earlier
than it actually is.  It has felt that way this year and I have often
had to remind myself that it was technically still Fall, haha.
But now the most wonderful time of year is officially here! :)

One of the things I treasure and have a nostalgic
 love for is the beauty of Winter paintings and scenes.  
I thought it would be fun to welcome this glorious season with a "gallery"
of some of the most magnificent, dreamlike Winter paintings I have seen,
some of my favorites that I thought I would share.  
The more I gaze at them, the more  I realize how much serenity and seasonal
peace and joy they reflect back at me.  They are the picture- literally-
of the grace of snowy white Winters and nostalgic days of a simpler time.
They are painted by an artist that I have grown to love since I
 first became fascinated by her paintings a couple of years ago.
Her name is Trisha Romance.

The visions she puts onto her canvases are the dreams in my mind,
the places that are most heavenly to me that I travel to in my coziest thoughts.
In sharing a few of her pieces I love, I hope seeing them may bring you
 even more cheer and give you the calm loveliness of wonder in your
 heart as they have in mine when I "step into them."




















Scenes like these are reminiscent of the wonder of this season, of memories of when we visited Colorado and got to see a winter wonderland all around, of Bedford Falls (which the first two paintings remind me of), of Laura Ingalls' charming descriptions of her log-house Winters, of childhood sweetness this time of year, and so much more...

Wintertime road trips through towns I love that I've always known, their familiar historic buildings strung with lights and decorations.

Sugar cookies fresh from the oven with colored sprinkles.

Rainy days with frosty windows.

The old-fashioned, peaceful songs of this season.

Crafting and working on something new, the fire going and cups of hot-chocolate on our work table.

The delight of waking up to a surprise snow.

Writing or reading by the window in the soft light coming through a cold pane.

Admiring the tall, strong Oaks in the country, newly bare of leaves and uniquely majestic.

Feeling cozy in a coat enveloping me like a hug.

Reading and feeling so thankful for letters and emails from loved ones and comments from friends like you who share your excitement for the season and fill my heart with your kindness.

That ethereal, dreamy light that streams through the windows on chilly mornings.

Watching old classics on icy nights, snuggly inside.

Staring into the scene inside a snow globe as the snow spins and settles delicately.

And perhaps closest of all to my heart...
drives together through the neighborhood to take in the houses aglow with their lights.



Winter makes me burst with joy and I am so thankful
for all of the restful, joyful time and special days we have to spend.
How special this time of year is, not in just the excitement for what the days
hold, but for the gift that we have in looking back on the year we have
just lived and remembering what those beautiful days held.

I hope you have a most magnificent season making new memories
and enjoying all that this time of year is to you- the happiness and
traditions unique to, and cherished by you.

I wish you the joy of every good and perfect gift from above,
every blessing this glorious season!
Have a wonderful beginning to the new year!


Love and blessings, until I "see" you in 2015!

God bless you♥



(all image sources linked above)

4 comments:

  1. Those are lovely scenes. Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I would love to join you for some old classic movies and freshly-baked sugar cookies :)

    Such a delightful post, my friend. The paintings are just beautiful - I would love to have ALL of them hanging in my home. I can see why you have grown to love the artist.

    May you have a very Merry Christmas, sweet Jazzmin! I am looking forward to another year of following your precious blog - you are such a blessing. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! (the artist is truly talented) just reading this post makes me feel so excited.
    Hope you also have a wonderful Christmas and a pleasant, charming new year.

    Sending you many blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of Trisha Romance, but her artwork is beautiful!!

    May you and your family have a very blessed Christmas!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...