Friday, December 12, 2014

Faithful Friday: My Soul Thirsts

(source)
This speaks to my heart so.  It is one of my favorite verses ever.
I love it like I do because of the beautiful scene that is painted (much like
this painting) of what it truly feels like to thirst for God.
I cannot think of a better way to express this.  

This verse always reminds me of a quote that I think is very much
connected to it.  It was said by Ann B. Davis, who played Alice in
"The Brady Bunch".
  I read it one day after she passed away this
 Summer and I thought it was so beautifully said and one of
the truest statements I have ever heard or read.

"I am convinced we all have a God-shaped space in us,
and until we fill that space with God, we'll never know
 what it is to be whole."

I am so thankful that this is true.  A trillion times more wonderful
and meaningful is my life to have God fill that space inside me.
My soul truly does thirst for God, sometimes in ways that I feel cannot
be quenched because my longing for everything that IS God, that
is pure and righteous, is so great.


I just love the blessing of being created with the intrinsic need
for God... because without God, all there is is emptiness.
How refreshing to our souls it is to
be "filled up" with Him when our souls are thirsting...
which is always, because we are always in need of God :)
... in need of a "drink" in this dry world.



Blessings to you!

Have a great weekend, everyone ♥


4 comments:

  1. Oh my friend, how I love your posts and thoughts! You always bless and encourage my heart. I am so very thankful for the Lord who refreshes the weary soul.....He does quench our thirst - what a precious God we have!

    Thank you for sharing :) And thank you, my dear, for the beautiful Christmas card and bookmark. I LOVE it and will use it when I read which is all the time :) Did you embroider the sweet scene on a strip of ribbon? You are so clever :)

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do need God in our lives to be complete! He is our Creator, and without him we are nothing. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Jazzmin,
    You have written this beautifully from your heart.
    I loved the quote written by Anne B Davis. So very very true!
    We long to be filled with God, and He longs to fill us.
    Some days seem dryer than others, but it is in those days that we need to draw even closer to our precious Lord.
    It is always a joy to visit you, sweet friend.
    I love your header too!
    Merry Christmas to you.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts! Beautiful post, I find your words very encouraging and very true - People need to be filled with God, our Lord is the only one who can heal our souls, problems, lead us in the correct path, make us righteous and loyal, what a beautiful quote you mention above. We all need a little drink from him.

    Love the whole new look on the blog :), the header is very pretty and the colors do stand out, it all goes well with the season. Hope you are having a wonderful day.

    Blessings to you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...