Friday, December 5, 2014

Faithful Friday: Set Your Mind on Things ABOVE

(source)

This inspired me, challenged me to think differently and to do so more often... to think on things above.

How beautifully reshaped my thoughts become when I focus on things above instead of Earthly things.  I find it difficult sometimes to keep my mind strayed from the depressing, difficult things of life when they are around me- cancer and other illnesses, hearing of accidents and people losing their lives, of babies, children, and precious little animals who are being abused.  These things are so hard to think about because they make me feel so much sorrow.  I think as humans, it is a part of our nature that cannot be helped to feel sick at things like this that we see, to feel especially upset for the fact that for the most part we cannot do anything about the suffering or other terrible things we hear about.

But this verse is bringing me out of that more than I ever could myself... to ponder of things above is to think of heavenly things- heaven itself- and all that is above us.  No matter how hard it is, I don't want to focus on the sadness that may be around us.  The realization comes that I should pray about these thins, but God doesn't want us to be concentrated on sadness.   How comforting and peaceful it is to redirect our thoughts to things above... of angels, of God, of what may be going on in heaven right now.   Even just looking up at the sky and watching the clouds slowly moving above is so pleasant and soul-calming as I stare up and think of how amazing it is that somewhere beyond those clouds is heaven.


I am thankful for this verse because it reminds me to think on these beautiful, heavenly things instead of those that are painful to have in our minds.  To put our focus on God and angels is a blessing and has the power to bring us into a state of mind that proclaims peace and serenity- even in a world such as this.



Have a wonderful first weekend of December!

Blessings to you!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzmin,
    " let this mind be in you which is also in Christ Jesus."
    That is the verse that came to my mind as I read your lovely heart felt post.
    This is a verse I hide in my heart almost daily because we are so surrounded with ugly stuff!
    I try and remind myself to think on Godly worthwhile things no matter what its going on around me.
    This was a lovely post and it was nice to visit with you.
    Sweet blessings to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, my dear friend, you have blessed my heart and given me much to think upon. I, too, struggle with always thinking upon the things of the Lord as it is so easy to get caught up in other things in this world. My mind easily strays to worry and fear...oh, to constanty be mindful of Jesus Christ and the beautiful ways of Him.

    May the Lord bless you, sweet Jazzmin! Love to you!

    P.S. -I sent you a little package over a week ago...I wondered if it arrived safely?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...