Wednesday, January 21, 2015

All Creatures, Great & Small


The faces of God's sweet creatures can always
bring a smile to my face and bring me so much joy.
I saw this sweet, little smiling face recently and it gave me that feeling,
a warmth inside.

I couldn't help but share him as a little bit of mid-week
happiness!

.         .          .


I love animals... being around them, studying them, learning
 about them and their characteristics in how they were created, 
and watching them in nature.
Most of all, I am grateful that we have the joy of being around 
such majestic, beautiful, and sweet creatures.  
I always think about how much we would be missing if humans
 were the only beings on the earth.  What would life be if we didn't
 get to hear the birds sing, see a deer and her fawn in a meadow, be welcomed 
by our pets at home, or get to admire the resplendence of the marine 
life in the oceans?
Looking at all of God's captivating creation in animals is
also so inspiring to me because of what I remember my mama
always telling me since I can remember- that God's handiwork
in each of the animals is one of the most amazing views you can get
of His personality... the humor, grace, or beauty of particular
features of different animals.


How blessed we are to have animals around us.
When I am stressed, the most comforting thing I can think of
is petting my dog and walking in the door to her wagging tail and 
uncontrollable excitement to see me, then getting to
snuggle with her on the couch while I read or watch a movie...
or back when new litters of kittens were just outside, to be able
to walk out on the back porch and pick up a kitten who would nuzzle me
 and sweetly mew as I stroked her fur.
Animals can make us feel at ease like not much else can.
What wonderful friends and companions they are as pets- always 
unconditionally loving and loyal and bringing laughter, joy, and
humor into our lives with their funny quirks- and what
 an amazing gift it is to admire the beauty of wildlife.

I believe I could never grow tired of being around animals...
I dream of someday having a ranch where I will spend hours
loving every moment of walking... just walking the land and looking
 to catch glimpses of the creatures all around.
Of all the things that take up space in this world,
animate and inanimate, nothing can bring cheer into my
heart quite like seeing the face of a sweet animal.


I'm so thankful for the fact that we are surrounded with that
cheer in life ♥



"If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than
 a lot of humans."
-James Herriot

"I heard someone define heaven once... as a place where, when you
get there, all the dogs you ever loved run to greet you."
-Robert Parker

"When I look into the eyes of an animal I do not see an animal.
I see a living being. I see a friend. I see a soul."
-A.D. Williams




4 comments:

  1. I, too, enjoy watching animals, Jazzmin. I loved that you mention the smile in the above picture...because sometimes when I see animals I think they are smiling too. And I cannot imagine a world without the beauty of the songbird's song. Thank you for the smile you put on my face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me smile and bring me joy, sweet friend :) I, too, love animals. They are simply precious and bring such comfort and like you said, cheer.

    The Lord has blessed us with His beautiful creation. Hugs to you, dear one! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are indeed, blessed by God in so many ways! Animals are really amazing to watch, and are just a glimpse of God's beauty!
    Love your blog!
    -Lauren <3
    lovingourcreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words Jazzmin, the joy an animal can bring to our lives (without him/her speaking) I totally agree with you, animals are such amazing creatures, the sky, the ocean, the trees all of nature's wonders is a clear reminder of God's magnificent creation.

    Hope you are having a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...