Friday, January 16, 2015

Faithful Friday: A Contented Heart


Happy Friday!
I hope your week was great and that your weekend gets off to a 
wonderful start :)

A quote that recently struck me when I read it said:
"The sweetest lesson I have learned in God's school is to let the Lord
choose for me."
-D.L. Moody

This reminded me of something that is not always easy, but is so important,
Philippians 4:11 is a reminder of words that I want to have the 
strength and faith and character to say wholeheartedly...
"I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith
to be content."

This example set for us in contentedness by Paul in the bible
is inspiring, to say the least.  To think of all that he had to go through
and he was content with whatever he faced because he
trusted God so fully.

Being content is a state of mind in our faith, only possible
by leaning on the Lord through our trials.
Sometimes, though, we may not be content as a result of things that
we feel are missing from our life in some way- not necessarily "trials."
Isn't God merciful and loving to care about these things, too?

He cares about the aspects of your life that
may not necessarily be a struggle, but that cause you to yearn for 
something more.
He cares about your hopes and your goals and your desires and
if you are yearning to be at a different place in life.
Trust that He will get you to that place in His timing.
A lot of girls have marriage on their minds and
 are trusting God with His timing to bring them the right person.
Many people are just so tired from working, living
 paycheck-to-paycheck, or needing a break from the pace of life. 
No matter what we hope will change or happen in our life,
 how beautiful a testimony to God being our stronghold
it is to be positive and make the effort to be truly content!

In the midst of the struggles, trials, or wants and needs we have,
what character we show the Lord (and as a witness to others) when
we are content... when our attitude towards our trial is that it could
be much worse and we are simply thankful for God's blessings and will
trust Him to get us through what we are dealing with.
And when our attitude toward a need or hope is that we are content
with what we have now and trust God to bring what we hope for into
our lives when He sees that it is the right time.

.           .           .


One way that I have been inspired to be content is to
thank God so often for what he has already given me in my prayers
so that there is little room to complain.
Another is doing something that effects my heart more than anything,
and that is to- as simple as it seems- think of others and what
they are going through.  Each day as I go through my day, it often comes
to mind what someone I know is, or people I don't even know 
are, dealing with... and I am never more humbled by doing so.
This is something that makes me want to take up 
all the more time in my prayers with asking God to please help
and comfort them.
What an exponentially better way to use our time in prayer.



How amazing it is to be content where we are now...
to have faith so strong that we have no doubts that God will take
care of us- is taking care of us.
What beauty there is in a contented heart, the surest way
to calm the seas in the midst of our storms.



Happy Friday!
...Did I say that already?
Well, Friday is just such a good day, we needed it twice. ;)

I hope y'all have a blessed weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Simply be content in Christ Jesus - what a beautiful post, my friend. Your words touched a chord in my heart and I was humbled and reminded at the importance of being content in ALL areas of my life.

    Continue shining for our precious Lord, sweet Jazzmin! Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you said: "Being content is a state of mind in our faith, only possible
    by leaning on the Lord through our trials." Actually, leaning on the Lord is necessary in anything the believer attempts because without Him, we can do nothing.

    You are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good and comforting post, Jazzmin! I really like the D.L. Moody quote and will save and add it to my quote collection that I like to keep handy. Friday is one of my most favorite weekdays, so for me "Happy Friday" is already redundant! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...