Saturday, February 28, 2015

Faithful Friday: Katie Davis


Sometimes I read something and even before I am finished, I just think
to myself, Wow, that makes so much sense!

Katie Davis is someone I have heard a lot about and I have yet
to read her book, Kisses From Katie, but badly want to.
This is the first time I had seen this quote from her and I felt
such a connection to it... like this is the definition of what it is
to have a love for God greater than love for yourself.

And my thoughts were turned upside down here, I must admit...
I had never thought of fear of illness or tragedy in this respect.
How TRUE that being the victim of an illness or tragedy
that might come is nothing to fear compared to living
a life that doesn't include God... or a life that fits
in with the common view that taking care of yourself
is more important than taking care of others and serving them
or serving the Lord.

Beautiful words that spoke to my heart and mind♥
I am thankful for the perspective I took from reading them.



Have a blessed weekend!


:)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an excellent quote! It certinly gives you a lot to think upon... Thank you so much for sharing this, sweet friend :) May you have a beautiful week!

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...