Friday, February 20, 2015

Faithful Friday: Live Each Day For God

(source)
"Don't fret about tomorrow or
 live in yesterday.  Concern 
yourself with current 
things and do your best
 today.
Tomorrow lies beyond the stars,
beyond the sleeping sun,
and yesterday lies in the past
and cannot be
undone.
Live life in the present tense
and wisely spend your 
time, for time is such a 
precious thing you
dare not waste any
time.
Set your sights on a worthy
goal and choose the path 
you'll trod.
Your tomorrows will be
brighter when you live each
day for God."


...Only in God will you find true happiness.
This is a simple enough message, but in faith and living a life
of meaning, to me this is THE message...
the difference between a life of mediocre joy and living so-so and a life
of glorious joy, fulfillment, and love and passion for something real,
and for someONE who loves you more than anyone else.
The above poem came relates to the message found in that
expression and comes from a source special to my heart.

Reading through it is beautifully reminding me
of what I forget so easily...
Number one:  that living each day for God
is the only way I ever want to live, the
only way to live.
And also that our faith is so much deeper
and stronger when we live for the moment that God
has us in now, the situation or circumstances God has
us in right now.  He doesn't want
us to live in the past focusing on what we could have done better
or on our sins and he doesn't want us focusing on the future
and thinking of what we don't have now that we hope to have
then.  Instead, living each day for God
involves living each day with a focus on the now...
the blessings God is bringing you now, the hope
he has put into you now, and the ways we can
glorify him
now.

Finally, I love the way this poem leaves me...
"Your tomorrows will be brighter when
you live each day for God."
To think of waking up each day with no awareness
of God, no God to love and forgive us, no God
to give our menial lives meaning and fullness...
I can't imagine.
Those last words are humbling and hopeful
at the same time, giving me visions of sunshine
starting each day, only because I can live for Him each day.


I'm thankful for this beautiful poem.
It is something special to me
that I hope to commit to memory.




Blessings to you!!

Happy Friday & may your
weekend be lovely!



4 comments:

  1. Great poem! I love your words, Jazzmin: "...our faith is so much deeper
    and stronger when we live for the moment that God
    has us in now, the situation or circumstances God has
    us in right now. He doesn't want
    us to live in the past focusing on what we could have done better
    or on our sins and he doesn't want us focusing on the future
    and thinking of what we don't have now that we hope to have
    then."

    How awesome that you have learned this lesson already at such a young age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I needed, my friend! I loved what you said, "...that living each day for God is the only way I ever want to live, the only way to live." Amen, amen, and amen! :)

    Your posts always encourage and bless my heart. The Lord uses you in my life, dear Jazzmin. Thank you....

    May your week be extra beautiful. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the beautiful words Jazzmin! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jazzmin, this truly blessed and encouraged me today...just what I needed to read - thank you very much for sharing!
    What a beautiful poem and so very true - indeed, I say amen to every word! I am going to print it out as I think these words are ones to ponder on throughout each day!
    I want to live a full life for the One and Only!
    Thank you again and God bless! So thankful to have stumbled across your sweet blog today through Stephanie's!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...