Friday, March 27, 2015

Faithful Friday: Commitment to God



Two sentences.  Only two sentences, yet these are so prolific and meaningful when I think of them in application to how I want to live for God, the way I know I don't want my relationship with the Lord to be- I don't want it to ever come to just being a fan.  I love how this is put in this quote.
How amazingly said.  Belief is not enough- showing God that our love for He and His son is a love of truth and devotion involves living out His word in our lives.

I remember when this has been discussed in sermons at church... I remember it being discussed in terms of a parable of friendship.  When you have a friend and you tell them they are a great friend and you appreciate them, they will not believe you if you talk badly about them to others, or are rude to them, or do other things that go against what you have said.  Similarly, if we claim to believe in God, we cannot say we love Him and are devoted to Him and then live our lives in ways that go against all that He stands for.

May we never be just fans in our faith.  May our faith and belief in the Lord be fully accompanied by an undying resolve to live out all that He is in our lives.

How beautiful it is to purpose to put God ahead of our selfish desires and bad habits, to show Him that our love for and devotion to Him involves COMMITMENT and is vastly more important and worthy than something that is tempting us to live out our lives going against His commands.



Hugs and blessings!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!



2 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic quote and so very true!
    Blessings to you, dear Jazzmin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to be a fan, either, but a committed follower.

    Thanks for sharing the quote!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...