Saturday, April 25, 2015

Faithful Friday: Having the Words of Jesus With Me


I wanted to share something that has been such a blessing to me!  I recently got a new phone (my old phone was a graduation present from my parents, so it was a few years old and not working right anymore) and was so excited to have the free space that I had not had on my other phone so that I could download an app I had wanted to have for a long time.  The app is called "Words of Jesus Daily" and I am so in love with the fact that despite being so busy with school and life and everything, I still get to have a little spiritual 'breakfast', so to speak, that I could not have otherwise because of how I have to rush around in the mornings.  I often don't have any choice but to go to bed very late because of assignments and projects (like now, it is almost 3 A.M!  But that is okay- I'm a night owl☺), so I am someone who will sleep in and press snooze as many times as I possibly can and then get ready and out the door in fifteen minutes if I have to because I would rather sleep.  So, I find myself waking up and reading this right away or walking into my bathroom and plugging in my curling iron and reading the scripture for that day while it heats up.

This has been so wonderful.  I LOVE waking up and seeing the sweet yellow bird (a dove, I think?) in the corner of the screen and opening the verse of the day and getting to read it.  I made it a point to do this as the first thing I do when I wake up because I love the thought of starting my day off reading the very words that Jesus spoke... and applying them to my life as I think about them.

A couple of years ago, I had a Proverbs Daily and then a Psalms Daily, and those are two of my favorite books in the bible, I must say that my heart is especially overcome with the greatest joy when I read every day's verse with this because they are the words of the Savior!


This has blessed my day, my attitude, my strength, and my spirit each day.

If you are looking for a way to bring God's word with you or read a verse each day to make sure you can fit in at least something (because you can also skip ahead and read multiple days' verses), I recommend this.  I am loving it.  I am so thankful to have it start my day.


Have you ever used this app? Or do you have another app or another way that you start your day with faith inspiration or verses?

.            .            .


This month has been so busy, and I realize I have been posting only on Fridays for the most part, but I am looking forward to having more time soon to share posts I have had ideas for and to write more often again :)  ...Especially since there are so many bright, fun things I am inspired by in spring!
(Speaking of spring, I had fun changing my header this week, which I decided to do when I realized my blog title was somewhat hard to read on top of the polka dots.  So, I switched it up a little bit and I found the pink watercolor and flowery, springy banner on top of it to be so cheerful!)


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings to you!


1 comment:

  1. Good evening, sweet friend! How I love the new look of your blog! It's full of spring charm and beauty :)

    What a blessing to wake up to God's Word - there is nothing better than that, my dear. It's the perfect way to start the day.

    Thinking of you and wishing you a beautiful upcoming week. Love and hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...