Friday, April 10, 2015

Faithful Friday: "I'm Holding Onto Virtue"


These words are such an encouragement.
I have thought about this often, but probably never more than now.
I feel that I am at a place in life where people are talking more about and 
doing things that I do not wish to do or take part in.
I don't remember facing  this in high school nearly as much as now.
In my classes right now, there are so many sweet girls.  They all are, really.
And though several of them that I have gotten the chance to talk to
and get to know a little have upstanding values and have become friends
and girls I enjoy talking to, there are also some who are kind, but they
 lack morals.  Some of them talk openly about
certain things they did over the weekend or about how they just moved
in with their boyfriends, or even about how they got sick from drinking
too much over the weekend.  Some of them talk without any thought 
about these things and they are normal to them.

These things are so far from my mind and my values that it is
sometimes hard to sit there and listen to it.  And the most prominent reason
for this is that I feel sorry for them and it is sad for me to hear that
girls my age who have so much potential are living their lives like that...
that they are using these years seeking fulfillment in such empty
things.  They talk about bad breakups and being hurt and going through
things they wouldn't have to if they weren't doing the things they're doing.
I pray that maybe I would be able to say something that could make
them think twice, just subtly, even for a moment.
I pray that maybe they could be inspired to live more godly lives.

I think the strongest feeling I have about it is sadness
 that they don't know God or the rich beauty of living a life
 of pure and sweet release that comes certainly not from 
worldly pursuits, but from  seeking Him.  
And sadness in the same way for those who have
compromised their values when they got older and started 
to think that they could decide what was right better than
God could.

And then there is the feeling of thankfulness in a very different way...
 because those people whom I hope come to know the
amazing graces of living differently also encourage me...
to hold onto virtue, to not go their way.
When I started thinking about this, I thought it could be an
example- as it is to me- of how others who live the world's way
do not have to influence you badly.  Rather, they can have the opposite
effect; they can inspire you to walk righteously and to live the exact
opposite lifestyle.  They can remind you that you are 
DIFFERENT
and that you have the
STRENGTH
not to settle or 
COMPROMISE.


As you look around you and notice that you are one of
very few who are making the effort to keep up your standards
and live with values and morals and be a light for God- letting Him
lead you, not the world- you can be proud that you are holding onto
VIRTUE.
Don't ever feel ashamed or embarrassed to stand out from
the crowd, because surely this is the best way possible to
be different.  Through being different, what an amazing example you
have the chance to set for others who are lost or lack values,
an example that could even plant the seed in them for leaving
those worldly aspects of their lives behind.


And may we not only do that, but even more so,
pray that those ones could know God as you do...
know that unadulterated beauty and true fulfillment
that comes with knowing Him.


"...make every effort to supplement your faith
with virtue, and virtue with knowledge."
2 Peter 1:5

"Let no one despise you for your youth, but set
the believers an example in speech, in conduct,
in love, in faith, in purity."
1 Timothy 4:12




Have a lovely and blessed
weekend!!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Dearest Jazzmin, how you encouraged me today, sweet friend!
    Truly, it was so encouraging to read this beautiful post and I so appreciate you sharing your heart on this subject...
    I have come to a place in my life where many are starting to question me as to what my future holds...I am praying for much wisdom and guidance that I might walk where the Lord wants me to walk!
    I know many who have pursued a worldly lifestyle, and it is sometimes difficult to explain things without hurting them, etc...
    But I need to make sure I am a light shining brightly for Him - I don't need to shout out my convictions, but rather live for Him and speak of Him so that some time along the way, a seed may be sown into someone's life...
    I am so thankful for the path He placed put me on and I too feel motivated to keep going when I meet with others who don't serve Him - what heartache they experience!
    Thank you again - may your weekend be wonderfully blessed!
    I so enjoyed my visit to your beautiful blog today!
    Hugs,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet friend! How I have missed visiting you! Life gets so busy sometimes that I feel like I can't even catch my breath! How are you? How are your classes going? I need to email you soon, dear friend!

    This post was so beautifully written. Earlier today I read a poem about VIRTUE so your post went right along with the words I read earlier - I love how God's timing is always perfect. Virtue is so beautiful and it's a treasure....it's something we MUST keep alive!

    Thank you for encouraging my heart. You are in my thoughts often. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love this post. I feel the same way, and I run across the same type of people that you were talking about. There are so many girls out there with potential, and yet they are trying to fill their lives with such empty things. I wish I could tell them all that their is purpose and fulfillment in Christ, but it's not possible to talk to all of the girls out there that feel that way.
    So thank you for the reminder that we need to be proud of virtues and not settling for anything less than God's best!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...