Saturday, May 16, 2015

Faithful Friday: PRAY Acronym


This is something I saw recently and wanted to share, because
no matter how many times I hear someone say or read someone's words
that say to believe God hears our prayers and to yield to what His
answers are, that is still hard for me sometimes.

Prayer is a driving force for hope and faith in my life and I know it always
will be.  It connects my heart to God like nothing else could and I am
still in awe of how we are given the grand privilege of talking to God.
But sometimes, when you face extreme trials and things
that are just giving you trouble in your heart and mind to the point where
you feel hopeless, it can become easy to feel like God isn't listening or
isn't there.  If you are stuck in the same situation and it feels like it isn't
getting better, it may be our tendency to feel that way.

Seeing this, though, was a beautiful reminder to me in the
prolific ways that God works and that He is working in our lives in manners
that we may not always be able to feel or see at work... but that doesn't 
mean we are alone or He hasn't heard us.
I am inspired by this acronym for prayer because it is such a
meaningful reminder to me- pouring out my heart to God comes easily to me,
but always believing He is working on my prayer concerns and on
the situation of another person I am praying for does not always.

As lovers of the Lord, we must believe!

Always.  Not just when things are going right and we see
 that God is working in our favor, but even when it seems like
He is not.  We have to keep believing.

And there have been countless times in my faith and my life
where, just when I felt lost and hopeless because things weren't changing
or my prayers felt unanswered, then and there I saw them answered.

Having faith also means having patience and
to never quit believing.

I'm thankful for this reminder...
It may seem like a given, but it challenges my heart
to truly live out what I believe in, to believe with ALL of my heart
and not just when it's easy.
And when we are answered, may we walk according to what God
is telling us, even when it is hard and we are driven by a desire or
thought-process to go the other way... because when we pray,
it is for God's will, not our wants.


Believe that the Lord hears you, because He does,
and believe that He will answer your prayer in the way that
is best for you, giving you far more than you could have asked for.


What confidence and faith we can have☺
God says this to us, and he cannot lie:

"This is the confidence that we have in Him that if we ask anything
according to Your will, You will hear us."
1 John 5:14

"Therefore, I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask,
believe that you have received them, and they shall be granted 
to you."
Mark 11:24



Blessings to you!!


Have a beautiful weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzmin and happy weekend. This is a very good reminder today. It is often easy to get discouraged when we feel our prayers are not being answered. As I grow older, I can clearly see instances where my prayers were being answered, and I just had to be patient and have faith. I hope you will enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jazzmin! You cannot know how much I needed to hear these words today! Bless you, dear friend, for sharing your heart on prayer and for the sweet encouragement you offered to me!
    Oh, sometimes it is so difficult to wait upon the Lord... But He is working and I only need to trust Him!
    Have a truly beautiful Sunday and much love in Christ!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent message, Jazzmin! Thanks for the encouragement. I have some prayers that have seemed unanswered for a long time, but I've been thinking lately that maybe the answer just isn't what I wanted it to be. We do have a wonderful God. He knows what is good for us...and, as Psalm 84:11 says, "The Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...