Saturday, May 9, 2015

Faithful Friday: Reminders On My Wrist


As I begin this post, I am reminded of how when I first 
embarked on writing "Faithful Fridays", I started out by sharing a simple
photo or image with words or a verse and maybe a short thought or
reflection about it to go along with it.

I started to write more of my thoughts because I found I had more on
my heart to share most days than just a few words, but what I am
sharing reminds of those first few posts because this photo
 possesses so much meaning alone.

This is a photo of two bracelets I have and expresses my love
for faith-inspired jewelry.  
This is a simple and wonderful part of my walk with
the Lord- in the past year or so, I have really come to fall in
love with the beauty of wearing inspirational jewelry.
I have angel earrings, a "footprints in the sand" bracelet with little
footprints all along it from the poem (a gift from my grandma),
 and some metal-stamped silver and metal earrings (that say "faith")
 and similar bracelets.
When I started wearing these things, they became reminders to me,
especially as I looked down at my wrist.

It felt to me like I was carrying a reminder of the most important
thing in my life each day I wore them, and as I looked at my wrist,
I was overcome with the joy at feeling even more like
I was not alone in whatever I faced that day.

The bracelets above are two that I made.  The "hope" bracelet
is one that I beaded and the "blessed" bracelet is hand stamped,
the first hand stamped piece I ever made.
On the back are red and silver beads to match the "hope" bracelet
so that I can wear them together.

This is just something that has brought me joy in my faith and in
my life as I seek God, to be reminded in these small ways of what
I'm living for each day and that my purpose is not in the world,
but with who I carry in my heart and who is watching over me
and strengthening me.
And most of all, I feel strength when I look down at those words.

Scattering words and verses (I really want to make a bracelet with
an entire verse on it!♥) in places like my planner, around my room,
in my jewelry, on bookmarks, and in other places I know I'll
see them every day is so meaningful and strengthening to me.


Do you wear inspirational jewelry?



Have a wonderful weekend!!

Blessings☺


3 comments:

  1. These are precious and so is your heart for the Lord! I have a thing for bracelets, and I love these! I'm thinking I need to learn how to make bracelets!

    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, Jazzmin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jazzmin, what a delightful idea! These bracelets are the perfect thing for inspiration...all one needs to do is look down and be encouraged.

    You, my friend, are a joy and blessing. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your ability to make such beautiful and meaningful jewelry. I don't wear much jewelry any longer but I do have one very special piece that was made by a artisan who combined my late parents' wedding rings and our wedding rings into one pendant. He formed a circle with a butterfly. My parents were wonderful Christians and led by example. It is very comforting to me to wear the necklace. My parents prayed earnestly for me to find a Godly husband and our prayers were answered with John.
    I can imagine that looking down at your wrists is a loving reminder of our Heavenly Father and His love for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...