Friday, May 29, 2015

Faithful Friday: Times of Stress


Do you ever just come into a phase of life- whether it is a year
or a month- where you feel a little hopeless and just stressed beyond
what you think you can handle?

I have just come into one of those times, and it has to do with school
and my studies.  I have a lot to face this entire summer and I think after taking
so many hours this semester that just passed, I am just so hungry for a break.
I feel like I am back in high school again with the intensity of everything
coming up all at once and testing and different things.

I feel so stressed... And these past few days, I have felt a little
defeated as I look ahead at what my summer will be like for the
most part.  But the one thing that keeps me grounded through things
 like this, right now, when I am feeling so mentally tired...

is seeking God and looking to him for strength.

•           •          •


I found several verses that have calmed my heart
 that I thought I would share for any of you who 
may be going through something that causes
you stress, maybe something that you are going through right now.
These helped me heart and my mind so much and reminded me
that when I am weak and tired, God isn't- he is always strong and is
the provider of strength, bringing the truth to me that the
blessings he allows into my life far surpass the stresses I feel.

I hope they can help you, too, and remind you what I need reminding
of this week and will continue to need this summer and after... that the Lord
is my shelter when I am weary.


"Trust in Him at all times; pour your hearts out to Him, for God
is our refuge."
Psalm 62:8


"And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to
his span of life?"
Matthew 6:27


"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought
me joy."
Psalm 94:14


"Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything in prayer and
supplication with thanksgiving let your request be known to God.
And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7


"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you
rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and
lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
Matthew 11:28-29


"Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7


As I think of these verses and read them with thankfulness and
amazement at God's care for each of our individual worries and stresses and
situations, I am not only comforted and put more at peace, but I am
humbled... to look at my situation with a perspective that is more pleasing
to God and less stressful to me- one that reminds me that the here and now
and whatever is causing me stress or worry right now is not forever, neither
is it as serious as the trials and tribulations that others are going through.
It encourages me and strengthens me, making me want
to lessen my anxiety about the future and what stress I feel by diverting
my energy and focus from my worries to instead 1) thinking of how blessed
I am in countless ways and how those blessings are greater than
my stress, and 2) praying for peace and relief for those who
are dealing with great heartache themselves.

A final thought I leave you with is something that recently saw that is
 stilling the waters of anxiousness inside me, words that ring so true
 and meaningful...

"Anxiety happens when you think you have
to figure everything out.  Turn to God.
He has a plan."


Wishing you the peace of God in your heart
to replace any stress or worry in your life.

Have a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzmin, I appreciate the comforting verses you have shared here to give us peace in times of stress. May God bless you this summer during your studies and testing. I wish you a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jazzmin...a beautiful, hope-filled post with so much to ponder on and be encouraged by... Bless you for sharing with us the verses that have uplifted your weary soul this week...
    I love the quote you shared at the beginning and end of your post...so true!
    And the scripture...how blessed are as Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ to have such hope to cling to in times of stress and trial? I actually read Matthew 6:27 this mornings...isn't that funny?
    You are in my prayers, Jazzmin. I know this must be a stressful time for you, and I love how you are choosing to rest in the Almighty!
    Hugs to you and much love!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...