Saturday, June 20, 2015

Faithful Friday: I Do Believe

(Source)

In my walk with God and as a Christian,
I think that the most difficult thing for me sometimes is something
that often seems like it would be so simple... to believe.  To TRULY believe
with all my heart and mind.
In this life, a life where we go through trials and struggles that
sometimes hit us when we least expect it and dare to crush our hopes,
believing can be hard.  Believing that God will grant us the blessings and
answers we are praying for is hard, because we know that there is the
other side- the side that could lead us to a place we fear most, the place
we will be if we do not receive the answer we have prayed for.

Believing is a large part of my life and a facet of my faith that
I have been thinking of especially lately.  The word 'believe' is one I have
had on my mind, because faith rests in believing... can I really be
a person of true and great faith if I do not fully believe?
Believing and trusting God will all of me will definitely
help me to be the person led by my faith, the person I hope to be.

These words, this feeling expressed in the above verse is one
that mirrors my innermost thoughts... I believe, I do.  But along with that
belief and faith is a little bit of unbelief. My goal is to have
only belief in me... to never doubt that God will bring me to the place
I am meant to be in my life, my faith, in all things.

I want to believe COMPLETELY.
This is what my heart is crying out.
I want even the smallest doubt to go away, and I pray for this.
But believing does not mean we love God any less; it is just a part
of being imperfect and being in this world where we are conditioned to
feel that everything is a struggle.  Because it is.
But I have to keep reminding myself that with God, nothing is a struggle.
Nothing is impossible with God!
And THAT is the greatest reason of all to fully believe!


In pondering belief and praying about it, I was also reminded of these
verses.  It blessed me and made me feel such a joy inside to 
see how the Lord directly tells us today and told his people in bible
times to believe ... to let go of fear and just believe.


"But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue,
 'Do not fear, only believe.'"
-Mark 5:36

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."
-Romans 15:13

"Let not your hearts be troubled.  Believe in God; believe
also in me."
-John 14:1



Do you have a favorite verse that increases your faith and reminds
 you to believe in God and to trust in Him?

What are your thoughts on believing?



God Bless you.
Y'all have a wonderful weekend! ♥






4 comments:

  1. Good verses Jazzmin! I just now remember the verse that says Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness. God is pleased when we believe Him! Luke 1:45 (Elisabeth speaking of Mary), "Blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord." Jesus is faithful! We have a wonderful God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are excellent verses you have shared. In reading you post, the lyrics to an old hymn, Have Faith In God, came to mind. Wishing you a very enjoyable day, dear friend.
    p.s. the Betsy Tacy books are available very reasonably at half.com: http://search.half.ebay.com/betsy-tacy_W0QQ_trksidZp2919Q2em1447Q2el2686QQmZbooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. My great niece and I just found this Betsy Tacy blog that is very interesting. You might enjoy this: https://betsytacysdeepvalley.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...dear Jazzmin...when I saw the title of your post, my mind instantly went back to the days when I would sing the beautiful song, 'I Do Believe'...oh! Just remembering some of the beautiful, meaningful words filled my heart with joy!
    Yes...it is sometimes difficult to truly believe, but it is richly rewarding! There is a great peace which lies in surrendering our everything to the Father and placing our lives in His hands saying to Him, ''Father...I believe in You, and I believe what your Word tells me - I trust you are working everything out for my good''
    Thank you for sharing such lovely thoughts today, dear friend! You are a special blessing and a bright spark in this blogging community!
    Hugs to you and lots of love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...