Friday, June 26, 2015

Faithful Friday: In It, Not Of It


This is a verse I am almost one-hundred percent sure I
have written about or reflected upon in some way before... but it is
just so meaningful that I did not think it would hurt to do it again, if not
many more times.  This verse is a life-changing one, a verse that
inspires you to live differently if you want to live more in accord with God's
ways or encourages you to not stray from the path.

I saw this verse this morning and thought about how influential it has
been for me and about how it surely is to others as well... Just these
few words from God's word make all the difference in inspiring us to 
keep our lives and our values separate from those of the world.

I love that it says not just to stay away from conforming to the
values and ways of the world, but to renew our thinking, to be
transformed by the goodness of God and what He teaches us.

This verse is close to my heart because it reminds me of where I
want to be in my faith and my walk with God and reminds me how different
my life could be if I did not aim to live according to God's standards.
And I say aim because that is just what I do.  I am not perfect.  I only
try to be what God wants me to be... and I know for a fact that that person
is someone who wants to love God's ways, not those of the world.

As it is often said, we are in the world (because we have to be), but
we are not a part of it.

This verse inspires me, all of me... to be different. 
 Let us be different from the world, to dare to be different from the crowd.
For one reason, the main reason I thank God for leading me to Him and
away from worldly things... is because the world's ways are the
EXACT opposite of His.
Because worldly ways get you nowhere but into trouble and living
a life of pleasures that do not last.  
Renewing our minds in the Lord
keeps us safe and secure in His love and His word, and it leads us
to joy for eternity.


This is one of my favorite verses and always will be.  It speaks
to my heart in encouraging me, especially at the age that I am.  It has been
 a stronghold to me as someone going through school where I am constantly
around people who are not concerned with Godly things at all.
I am so thankful for these words penned in Romans that encourage
us to stay strong and firm in our hope in God, not in the things of this world
and the entertainment and "pleasures" it offers that will soon fade out.



Have a wonderful weekend!!


Blessings☺


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful verse you have shared. It seems especially timely at this time. I know you are having a busy summer; I do hope everything is going smoothly. May God richly bless you.
    Thank you for your comment on the post re my husband. We never know "how" the Lord will use us to answer prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me, again!
    I also want to add that I remember when you lost your dear Aunt last year. I know you and your family were happy that your Uncle could visit last week and I am happy to know he is using his cpap also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful verse and good message, Jazzmin! May the Lord bless and be with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...